EK Orgo Chem Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NigerianBull87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering that if I were to thoroughly review the Orgo from EK along with the 1001, it would suffice for enough preparation for the Organic portion in the BS. If not is there a better mode of preparation that I should utilize? (e.g. TPR, Kaplan, etc..)

Thanks and take care guys.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've seen, EK seems to be the way to go if you know most of the material but just need to freshen up your mind a bit. I'm only a few lectures into it, and it hasn't gone into gross detail, but has been sufficient enough to raise my practice test scores 2 points in the first week of review.

This thread seems like a conveniant place to put this question:

We took the ACS standardized final in orgo and I did pretty well. I'm curious as to if you do well in it, should you not even really reveiw much for orgo? Maybe just skim through the book? Thanks.

If your orgo class was recent the orgo then I'd say that if you did well on the ACS you're very well prepared for the MCAT. I did very well on the ACS, but that was a year ago+ and now I do stupid stuff like visualize, for example, and anti addition reaction and I'll "see" trans molecule formed but the word that comes to mind is cis :lol: <-- time to brush up!