Ek test 1e

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Columbia22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone take this exam?? I found it ridiculously hard. Any comments would help, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just took it today. I agree it seemed somewhat hard, but the curve seemed to offset that..
then again I havent taken any aamc tests yet so..

Members don't see this ad :)
31, which is several points lower than any of the 2 AAMC or 4 Kaplan full-lengths I did.

The PS was OK but time-crunched, some interesting tricky little questions; the VR was difficult, full of economics, politics, law, not a natural science passage in there; the BS was OK but there were a lot of outside info questions that I just couldn't remember.

Just took aamc 6r: 12P 12V 11B

As a comparision, I found EK to be somewhat more difficult passages in verbal, and their questions were a somewhat different style. Not necessarily more difficult, but different. The passages were easier to understand/ get the main idea in aamc.

Physical sciences seemed fairly similar.

Biological - the organic seemed harder on aamc, but maybe thats just me. biology, seemed about the same.

Can someone explain to me the reasoning as to why the answer to #73 is B? The explanations posted on their site didn't make any sense to me whatsoever. I don't understand how in a closed system all the solvent will end up in one beaker.

Thanks in advance.

Sure,

Like as in osmosis, water always follows the salt. If the salt is inside the cell, the water will go inside, if the salt is outside the cell the water will go outside. This is the same thing except the solvent will go to the beaker will more solute(read salt) :)

Does that help at all? :)

Dang the verbal was hard, i got a 9V, 2 points lower than what i got on 5R and 6R
I got a 9V 8B 7P which is a couple of points lower than what i got on 5 and 6Rs
I take 3f on friday and i'll be taking 4R next monday