EK Verbal 101 Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mbeas

Hi I'm Kate
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased the EK 101 Verbal passage book and was wondering if it would be better to practice one passage daily or to do the full length verbal tests in the book...

I have lots of other full length verbal practice materials to strengthen my test taking endurance but I just wanted to see if y'all thought it would be ineffective to just do one passage per day for practice.

Members don't see this ad.

Ideally you should complete around 3 passages per day not including days you take FLs. You will need more than just EK Verbal 101 to accomplish that. I suggest picking up TPRH Verbal Workbook as well. They pop up from time to time in the For Sale forum on here.

Initially, I think it's a good idea to lean towards learning from your mistakes and analyzing what you got wrong right away by doing just one passage at a time. That way the passage is fresh in your mind and you know exactly what you are thinking. After some practice like that you should switch to doing the full verbal tests to build endurance and get used to timing and whatnot.