EK verbal vs 2003 MCAT. What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucdbiochem

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok. now that you've done the test, do you think EK verbal is comparable to the real thing?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought EK verbal was just like the real thing. I thought the verbal was on the easy side, which is rare for me!:D

I thought that EK was a good preparation for the real MCAT, but the real verbal was slightly harder. The passages were kinda difficult, but the questions were about the same difficulty as EK.

I thought it was good prep, better then the TPR book because the passages had the ambiguity that the real MCAT had. When I took TPR passages I was usually 80-100% sure when my answer was right. With EK I hardly ever felt sure about the answer even when I did get them right and that was how I felt on the MCAT.

I was getting 11's and 12's on the EK. This went up from doing a 7-8 on a regular basis. The two AAMCs I took V and VI, I did not finish in the time allotted scoring a solid 7 in both. On the real test I finished and I had time to kill???? I also did TPR and KAPLAN and Berk Reviews.
So I dont really know if the EK passages are tougher or I was in the "zone". Just a mixed bag. Sorry I cant make more sense of it.

My 2 cents
Cheers