EK vs. Berkeley..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stpierre9696

Reaction score
Hey should I grab the EK or Berkeley books ? Please mention pros and cons of each.

Members don't see this ad.

I have both but haven't gotten into TBR much. If you have a strong basis in the typical premed coursework, EK would suffice. I like how succinct EK is but if you took the prerequisites a while ago or didn't do that well in those courses, TBR might be a better choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
For sciences, I'd say TBR by a pretty large margin based on their answer explanations. I needed strategies and tricks more than summaries of what to memorize, so TBR was a better fit for me. They also give triple the amount of practice questions. I did look at EK towards the end when I needed more practice, but I used all the techniques I learned from TBR and that helped me go through them fast.

For CARS, it's EK by a large margin, although admittedly I did not use the TBR CARS book at all.

Know a few students who choose to get both and supplement one with the other as needed. I don't think it's necessary but the cost of books isn't all that high if you buy from the For Sale and Advertisements and resell there as well.

There are cheaper prices than the sets there. I'd recommend checking Facebook classifieds for the best prices. I see you are selling used TBR books for more than they cost brand new. Why would someone pay more to buy books used from you than what we can pay for brand new books?

Not from me. You can purchase them from other sellers who sell it at less than I do there. I don't currently have any TBR books anyways.

Dude, I'm talking about your post in the classified. You list 2017 and 2018 full sets for $400, two books for $80, four books for $160. Those prices are more than what you paid for them brand new and current. Maybe I'm hypersensitive after shelling a ton of cash for secondaries. I just feel like everyone is trying to cash in on premeds. Used books should cost less than brand new books.

Reactions: 1 user