EK1001 biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adillon

CuriousDoc
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It almost killed me. I need to guess over half the questions, and got wrong in quite a lot questions. After finishing each passage and looking up the answers, i dont feel i know better about each chapter. Knowledge seems to be scattered here or there, dont see a broad scenario.

what do i need to do with the EK?

Members don't see this ad.

I've found the EK 1001 bio book to be disheartening too. I read through EK Bio and did did well on the problems in the lecture book (usually 10s or 11s), but was getting a lot wrong and feeling lost on a lot of 1001 problems. However, at the same time, I was doing well on the BS sections of past MCATs (for bio: 4CBT:10, 5CBT:11), and doing pretty well on the bio passages in TPR's hyperlearning science workbook. My impression is that the bio 1001 questions might be good practice, but that they definitely seem harder to me than past-MCAT passages I've done. I haven't done one in awhile, but my recollection is that I was usually able to get the answer right by reading the passage closely on past MCAT questions, while with EK 1001 I felt like if you didn't really know the stuff cold, it was a crapshoot. But my recollection could be off.