Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ekg on boards

Discussion in 'Step I' started by goodies, Mar 6, 2007.

1. goodies

goodies Member

Resident [Any Field]
    FA doesn't have that many ecg tracings or much info about where exactly the precordial leads are located (V1-6) or relationships between leads and locations of the heart. There's not much of this in Kaplan either.

But some of the Qbank questions I've seen expected us to know this... I don't know if this is something that I really need to know for boards or if I should just blow it off as the question being too nitpicky???

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mesoderm

mesoderm Junior Member

I thought just being familiar with the most common cardio path patterns would be enough, such as prolonged PR interval, ST elevation/depression, WPW syndrome, etc. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

4. mountainman123

Medical Student
    You will be good if you understand the things posted by Mesoderm. Know the differences between the different forms of heart block, WPW with delta waves, A-fib, flutter, V-fib, etc... Do not worry too much about what lead is where and the differences between V1-6.