Eks vs br vs tpr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhope4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between these. For someone who hasn't taken the science classes in at least 5 years, which would be the best to relearn? I am also going to use my text books. As far as ek1001 I am assuming these are just questions ?

Members don't see this ad.

What is the difference between these. For someone who hasn't taken the science classes in at least 5 years, which would be the best to relearn? I am also going to use my text books. As far as ek1001 I am assuming these are just questions ?

Don't use your textbooks. You need to learn to think MCAT, not classroom.

I was in a similar situation as you. Last took the MCAT prereqs like 4 years ago.

How long are you planning to prepare for the MCAT?

The Berkeley Review General Chemistry & Physics are absolute musts.

You're going to want to get Examkrackers 101 Verbal too.

I used The Princeton Review's Biology and I think it's prepared me adequately. And TBR's Organic Chemistry and it was adequate although I wouldn't necessarily say it's better than TPR's O Chem.

EDIT: and when people reference TPR they mean the Hyperlearning books. TPR puts out other books that can be bought new on Amazon but they're far inferior to the Hyperlearning books that you get either from taking their $2000 class or buying them used on eBay, Amazon, or here.

If you took the lcasses so long ago, you might just want to consider taking a course. I don't htink using your textbooks is such a great idea; that requires some extra work and discipline.

The EK2001 books are just questions. I don't know about the other resources, but I wouldn't recommend EK if you feel like you need to be taught the material versus simply reviewing the material. EK is very concise and is written with the understanding that you at least have a basic knowledge of the material. I think they're excellent, but not everyone shares that opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about chads videos? I have heard these are good. Something like chads videos and standard princeton review/Kaplan book for one month, berkley review and exam krackers the next 2 months and starting to take exams during the last month? What are the thoughts on chads videos

Is it 5 years SINCE you took your last science courses or have you been taking some science courses or maybe science-related research in the meantime?

5 years is a long time without any science. Probably should do post-bac or something for a year and take Physics, Bio, Chem and O-chem and then spend 3 months to prepare for the MCAT afterwards. If you time it right, you can do all of that and apply within a matter of 2 years and possibly get accepted and stuff.