Elaborating on research productivity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bored_Conscious

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for TMDSAS. I am typing in the description for my research activity that resulted in publications/presentations. This is how it currently is.

"This is the title of my cool research" Accepted for publication in Journal, April 13, 2021. (In-Press). Abstract accepted for oral presentation at Conference 2021 presented by first author and published in Journal. "The title of my second cool research" Poster Presented at the Undergraduate Research Forum, April 17, 2020. School Name

This is the research description for two separate projects under the same lab. The max characters required are filled without a proper short description of the project and proper citation of the abstract publication. Should I make a second research entry even though it is under the same lab? Same lab, different project.

Want to make sure this isn't double dipping. @wysdoc ?

Also, regarding my publication (not the abstract pub), do I need to specify which author position I am in? Also, is the way I currently have it okay if I don't have the citation yet. It is accepted and currently in-press.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds good. Thank you!
@Bored_Conscious I need to amend my answer after looking into it further.
TMDSAS doesn't exactly have a separate category for Posters, presentations, & publications like AMCAS does.

You can have a separate listing for each research project -that part of my answer is the same.
On TMDSAS the portal is set up so that if your project results in a publication, you get an extra 500 characters to talk about that.
You might want to put the title, journal, authors in that extra 500 character part because it does take a lot of space.
Or if it's more important to you to feature that information under the initial heading of research, you can put it there, and add comments on the impact to you in the extra 500 characters.

Reactions: 1 users
@Bored_Conscious I need to amend my answer after looking into it further.
TMDSAS doesn't exactly have a separate category for Posters, presentations, & publications like AMCAS does.

You can have a separate listing for each research project -that part of my answer is the same.
On TMDSAS the portal is set up so that if your project results in a publication, you get an extra 500 characters to talk about that.
You might want to put the title, journal, authors in that extra 500 character part because it does take a lot of space.
Or if it's more important to you to feature that information under the initial heading of research, you can put it there, and add comments on the impact to you in the extra 500 characters.
Thanks for coming back and clarifying. I used that 500 character space to list each publication, poster, etc. That I received for each project.

Reactions: 1 user