Elective in Switzerland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My significant other would like to visit switzerland for a study abroad and since we would like to go together, I wonder if clinical rotations could be arranged for switzerland for an osteopathic student....? Anyone have any ideas? The important thing is letting her travel. Since we will probably be married then - it is a high priority that we do it together. Any ideas anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

My significant other would like to visit switzerland for a study abroad and since we would like to go together, I wonder if clinical rotations could be arranged for switzerland for an osteopathic student....? Anyone have any ideas? The important thing is letting her travel. Since we will probably be married then - it is a high priority that we do it together. Any ideas anyone?

Not going to happen. Get used to the separation.

Not many people attempt international rotations unless arranged by their school. Perhaps you should ask in that forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you speak Swiss-German I'd say your SOL. A good friend of mine's husband is a NS from the land of swiss but practices in France. I asked him this same question and he said negative due to language barrier.

Unless you speak Swiss-German I'd say your SOL. A good friend of mine's husband is a NS from the land of swiss but practices in France. I asked him this same question and he said negative due to language barrier.

Been to switzerland, everyone speaks english there

Depends on what part of the country you're in. Certain outlying areas and non-tourist areas don't speak english. If you're anywhere that is tourist oriented (99% of the country) then yeah, they speak english, their income depends on it.

yeah really depends what part. In Zurich I found that the language barrier was not bad but I have also been to the Lugano area which I had trouble communicating on several occasions.