Elective surgeries cancelled due to lack of anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn't it close to yosemite?
Manteca? A couple hours.

As an aside, Yosemite isn't what it used to be. The valley is still one of the wonders of the world to look at, at least from the roadside scenic vista pullouts people can get to, but it's just gotten too crowded to actually do anything enjoyably outdoorsy there. You can still hike to and through some nice areas but the valley is mostly a car/bus tourist park now.

Members don't see this ad :)

First, the origin of the term provider is deplorable. During its ascent to power in the 1930s, the Nazi Party promoted the devaluation and exclusion of Jews in German society, including the medical community. Due to its eugenics campaign, the Nazi Party first targeted pediatrics, a specialty in which nearly half of its practitioners were Jewish.2 Beginning with female pediatricians, all Jewish physicians were redesignated as Behandler (provider) instead of Arzt (doctor.)2 This is the first documented demeaning of physicians as providers in modern history. Jewish doctors were soon restricted to treating only Jewish patients and were further persecuted during the Holocaust. Knowing this background, what health care organization would use a term once associated with Nazi ideology?3
You are the second person I've known who has mentioned this. The first was the person who enlightened me 3 years ago, and I've always hated being called a "provider" I'm a doctor.