Electives in the US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knelly

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a few quick question in regards to 4th year electives. Does Flinders have an official arrangement with schools in the US for us to do our electives? Does anybody know where I can access that info? There used to be a list of schools on SDN that Flinders graduates now attend for their residencies but I think it has been lost...did anybody keep a copy?

Members don't see this ad.

knelly said:
Just a few quick question in regards to 4th year electives. Does Flinders have an official arrangement with schools in the US for us to do our electives? Does anybody know where I can access that info? There used to be a list of schools on SDN that Flinders graduates now attend for their residencies but I think it has been lost...did anybody keep a copy?

Yes Flinders does have formal arrangements with some schools in the US for its students to do rotations at. Years ago when I was a student there the schools included Columbia, U of New Mexico, Harvard, and U of California. The most up to date information would be from the school itself. Be advised that there is no reason why you have to do electives at these schools other than it might be slightly easier except for the fact that there is competition (from othe Flinders students) to do these rotations. There are plenty of other schools which will allow you to come for an elective.

I know we have grads at the Cleveland Clinic, Duke, Yale, Penn St (3 of us), Albany, U of New Mexico - these are just the people I know, I've lost touch with my other classmates. Have you done a forum search for the threads you're looking for?

I don't know about particular arrangements, but in general Tulane University in New Orleans has a large number of visiting foreign students (mostly European and South American) and is fairly accomodating in working with foreign students who want to get US experience in med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys for your help :) I wonder if there is a website out there that lists all medical schools that are IMG friendly? Any insights?
:confused: