Elevance Health - Remote Pharmacist Job -UPDATE 7/15 WAS REJECTED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RXDOC1986

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have discussed this before, remote work is an area I want to explore as a senior citizen. Well I applied, and after a couple of interviews, I was offered a position. Some RED flags already. The job description says "remote work, 0-3 days in-office a MONTH". Schedule was M-F 12noon to 8:30pm. Well during my second interview, the head clinical honcho, says, BTW, the schedule is 3pm to 11:30, and we might be going to a schedule of 3 days a week in-office.
Not much of a REMOTE schedule!
This is MTM, patient/physician contact and MedRec, evaluations. The department has 400 employees, pharmacists, techs, support staff.
Elavance used to be ANTHEM BC/BS, they are huuuge.
Money has not been discussed, yet. I make about $88+ an hour, don't know how low I can go!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We have discussed this before, remote work is an area I want to explore as a senior citizen. Well I applied, and after a couple of interviews, I was offered a position. Some RED flags already. The job description says "remote work, 0-3 days in-office a MONTH". Schedule was M-F 12noon to 8:30pm. Well during my second interview, the head clinical honcho, says, BTW, the schedule is 3pm to 11:30, and we might be going to a schedule of 3 days a week in-office.
This is MTM, patient/physician contact and MedRec, evaluations. The department has 400 employees, pharmacists, techs, support staff.
Money has not been discussed, yet. I make about $88+ an hour, don't know how low I can go!
How were you able to land an interview? I have applied to so many remote positions that I would qualify for but no one contacts me. Most of the time I am applying on the day it’s posted and I already have a good job.

You might as well stay where you are . If you only have 4 or so years before retirement and get almost $180,000 compensation, almost no one out there will match that or come close . Unless this position has above average PTO, retirement/401k, and other benefits that are unique, I’d stay where I am. Most WFH jobs will pay you $55-$65 per hour ($65 if you’re lucky ), a huge cut for you . The position itself along with the total benefits package has to be considered and I’m almost 100% sure its inferior to what you already have .

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How were you able to land an interview? I have applied to so many remote positions that I would qualify for but no one contacts me. Most of the time I am applying on the day it’s posted and I already have a good job.
Don't know, applied online, got a response from HR within 24 hours, did HR interview, then clinical manager in 5 days. I swear, these days, it's like the lottery, nothing about us matters!

Reactions: 1 users
You might as well stay where you are . If you only have 4 or so years before retirement and get almost $180,000 compensation, almost no one out there will match that or come close . Unless this position has above average PTO, retirement/401k, and other benefits that are unique, I’d stay where I am. Most WFH jobs will pay you $55-$65 per hour ($65 if you’re lucky ), a huge cut for you . The position itself along with the total benefits package has to be considered and I’m almost 100% sure its inferior to what you already have .
Compensation is not a major factor for me. I am working overnights, 7on-7off, most of the pay is shift differential and added pay. My base is $82, and willing to take a pay cut to get off nights!

Compensation is not a major factor for me. I am working overnights, 7on-7off, most of the pay is shift differential and added pay. My base is $82, and willing to take a pay cut to get off nights!
Come to my hospital- no nights needed! do I sound desperate? hell ya - by the way- we recently hired a 60 year old - so no age discrimination here!

Come to my hospital- no nights needed! do I sound desperate? hell ya - by the way- we recently hired a 60 year old - so no age discrimination here!
Thanks for the invite, going days at my hospital is always an option, but I am a bit antisocial. Dayshift here is all 8-hr shifts, plus you have to deal with a ton of egomaniacs, and seeing management all day long. I would much rather damage my health, than go through all that.
Hey, I am an OLD 63, but appreciate your hospital tipping their toes in age diversity!

Don't know, applied online, got a response from HR within 24 hours, did HR interview, then clinical manager in 5 days. I swear, these days, it's like the lottery, nothing about us matters!
You are absolutely right, I don’t know what they are looking for anymore. I do know that even moving up within the company is hard if you don’t have a good reference supporting you.

Do you guys hire someone with no hospital experience?
Lol the answer is probably no but worth a shot

Do you guys hire someone with no hospital experience?
Lol the answer is probably no but worth a shot
our operations team definitely does - but they don't have any openings, clinical does not

Well, they didn't want me, "going a different direction" they said. No big deal, wasn't going to take the job anyway. Too many red flags, a remote job that requires you to come in 3 days a week? The job is still being advertised as "in the office 0-3 times a MONTH"
Didn't have to let them down, they broke up with me.
Will still look for remote job.

Well, they didn't want me, "going a different direction" they said. No big deal, wasn't going to take the job anyway. Too many red flags, a remote job that requires you to come in 3 days a week? The job is still being advertised as "in the office 0-3 times a MONTH"
Didn't have to let them down, they broke up with me.
Will still look for remote job.
Sounds like it was for the best anyways.