You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Remote work from home pharmacist jobs
Started by MBar
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you actually need to live in the state, or do you just need a license to work in the state the pharmacy is located?
My guess is they just have you provide identification (which may or may not be up to date, but I'm sure they have ways to verify that)
My guess is they just have you provide identification (which may or may not be up to date, but I'm sure they have ways to verify that)
Yea, some of the postings say "must reside in the state where licensed", but how do they check actually check that? (I do have a legit address in that state, but I'm not physically in that state all the time)Do you actually need to live in the state, or do you just need a license to work in the state the pharmacy is located?
My guess is they just have you provide identification (which may or may not be up to date, but I'm sure they have ways to verify that)
I am guessing an employer can request anything, even if unreasonable. At that point you can either comply or move on!Yea, some of the postings say "must reside in the state where licensed", but how do they check actually check that? (I do have a legit address in that state, but I'm not physically in that state all the time)
But you are correct, remote work should not be limited within a certain boundary. Then again, I am not paying your salary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The rules are probably specific to the employer. You have to provide a permanent address. It's public info if you own your home and declare homestead. Not sure if you rent. There's probably ways to look up where you pay your local taxes, where you're registered to vote?
Script1992
Full Member
For a drug information position I applied- they asked your license and the state you reside in. they might ask this also in the interview.
Two factor authentication makes it very hard to lie about where you are.
I just applied for a remote job with Anthem (Now Elevance) they require that you are less than 50 miles from one of their HQ locations.
Again, the employer sets the rules, doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.
Again, the employer sets the rules, doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.
Remote has its perks such as being able to shower or eat during lunch breaks, get up 10 minutes before your shift starts, no commute time , etc . But just be aware it can be isolating and you don’t usually feel it at first but over time you may begin to feel it especially if you’re completely alone working in the house and your spouse or other family is out of the house working . The number one complaint or setback of working from home is social isolation and that is consistent with remote workers top challenges . I kind of have mixed feelings about WFH mostly due to social isolation - everything else I enjoy . And at least my role is super chill compared to retail. I think I would be more at ease in a hybrid role where I get best of both worlds - some interaction with others and also the opportunity to wfh once or twice a week - but those opportunities in pharmacy are largely unavailable.I just applied for a remote job with Anthem (Now Elevance) they require that you are less than 50 miles from one of their HQ locations.
Again, the employer sets the rules, doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.
Thanks Doc, your input is greatly appreciated, as this is one of the very few areas of pharmacy, where I have absolutely no awareness of!!!Remote has its perks such as being able to shower or eat during lunch breaks, get up 10 minutes before your shift starts, no commute time , etc . But just be aware it can be isolating and you don’t usually feel it at first but over time you may begin to feel it especially if you’re completely alone working in the house and your spouse or other family is out of the house working . The number one complaint or setback of working from home is social isolation and that is consistent with remote workers top challenges . I kind of have mixed feelings about WFH mostly due to social isolation - everything else I enjoy . And at least my role is super chill compared to retail. I think I would be more at ease in a hybrid role where I get best of both worlds - some interaction with others and also the opportunity to wfh once or twice a week - but those opportunities in pharmacy are largely unavailable.
Still, willing to give it a try, what do I have to lose?
I think you’ll enjoy it!Thanks Doc, your input is greatly appreciated, as this is one of the very few areas of pharmacy, where I have absolutely no awareness of!!!
Still, willing to give it a try, what do I have to lose?
Did you get the gig? How do you like it? Are you in Cali?Thanks Doc, your input is greatly appreciated, as this is one of the very few areas of pharmacy, where I have absolutely no awareness of!!!
Still, willing to give it a try, what do I have to lose?
UPDATE: Interview went well, dragged on for almost 1 hr. I was told to expect something by two weeks time. Really not sure I will take it, a few red flags discussed above. Plus, way out of my comfort zone, and pay scale. Maybe, not even be selected, who knows!Did you get the gig? How do you like it? Are you in Cali?
I will definitely let you guys know.
Hello! Curious if you have the job, I'm considering a WFH position too. Were you selected?UPDATE: Interview went well, dragged on for almost 1 hr. I was told to expect something by two weeks time. Really not sure I will take it, a few red flags discussed above. Plus, way out of my comfort zone, and pay scale. Maybe, not even be selected, who knows!
I will definitely let you guys know.
No, they decided to go, "a different direction", that didn't include my direction! Honestly, there were lots of Red Flags. The "position" was advertised as "in the office 0-3 days a month" and the hours were 12noon to 8pm. And, it's still advertised that way. The hiring manager told me they were moving towards 3 days a week, in office. That's not much of a WFH job! And the hours, 3pm to 11:30.Hello! Curious if you have the job, I'm considering a WFH position too. Were you selected?
Plus, I don't think I can afford to work for $50, $60 or even $70 an hour! Even though, I like to say, it's not about the money.
I am going to keep looking.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hospital, staff Pharmacist$60 is an ok hourly but $70 is quite good.
What are you at that’s so much better than $70/hr
about $84/hr - includes base pay + night/weekend differential and work 70hrs, get paid for 80hrs - about $170K
with full benefits, PTO, 401K match, etc.
not California,
in Georgia with reasonable Cost of living
At the same time, I have a second part-time job, they pay $55/hr NO raise in 3 years- But, I like that job, gives me something to do on my 7-Off
Last edited:
I don’t think you can compare night and weekend differential with a base salary of a remote position. You’re going to have to take a cut to work from home and have a remote job.
If you think you’re not you’re not being realistic. You should try and find a gig that pays similar to your base hourly rate.
While I do agree with you in principle, I think he’s an empty nester close to retirement? I wouldn’t take a paycut and a gamble on a new workplace that late in life. But that’s me.
Both of you make compelling arguments, I do need to be realistic with my choices for the next 5 years. Not having to work nights and weekends, and every major holiday, is definitely worth a pay cut.While I do agree with you in principle, I think he’s an empty nester close to retirement? I wouldn’t take a paycut and a gamble on a new workplace that late in life. But that’s me.
Having chased 7on-7off for 30 years, it's pretty much delegated to overnights and evenings.
I will have to lower my expectations for WFH positions.
Both of you make compelling arguments, I do need to be realistic with my choices for the next 5 years. Not having to work nights and weekends, and every major holiday, is definitely worth a pay cut.
Having chased 7on-7off for 30 years, it's pretty much delegated to overnights and evenings.
I will have to lower my expectations for WFH positions.
You've done nightshift for 30 years and counting?
No, I have chased 7 on / 7 off for 20-25 years. I used to get prime shifts with 7 / 7, like 7am to 6 pm. Lately, its mostly regulated to evening and night shifts.You've done nightshift for 30 years and counting?
JasonFriedman
New Member
Hey, that sounds like a great opportunity! Remote pharmacist jobs can offer a good work-life balance. However, if you're interested in sarakari (government) positions, they often come with added job security and benefits. Be sure to check out both options and choose the one that aligns best with your career goals.
Last edited:
Thanks Jason, although I have no clue which country's government "Sarkari" is (don't click on it)? Might be a scammer with 1 post?????????Hey, that sounds like a great opportunity! Remote pharmacist jobs can offer a good work-life balance. However, if you're interested in sarakari (government) positions, they often come with added job security and benefits. Be sure to check out both options and choose the one that aligns best with your career goals.
But will explore my options.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 10K