tuf06150

2+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Good afternoon,

I have a Bechelor of Pharmacy degree (4 years) from outside USA. I also have a MS in pharmaceutical science from a US university. I am a permanent resident.

1. Am I eligible for Medical Schools? or do I need to take courses?

2. If I take MCAT in October 2016, can I attend medical school in fall 2017? (given that I am eligible for medical schhol)

3. Let's say I have to take some courses. Can I take them in community college and still somehow catch 2017 fall session? (after taking MCAT in october)

Thank you in advance :)

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Good afternoon,

I have a Bechelor of Pharmacy degree (4 years) from outside USA. I also have a MS in pharmaceutical science from a US university. I am a permanent resident.

1. Am I eligible for Medical Schools? or do I need to take courses?

2. If I take MCAT in October 2016, can I attend medical school in fall 2017? (given that I am eligible for medical schhol)

3. Let's say I have to take some courses. Can I take them in community college and still somehow catch 2017 fall session? (after taking MCAT in october)

Thank you in advance :)
Rule 1: Take a breath

Put aside any plans of applying anytime soon, nor taking the MCAT anytime soon as you have little understanding of the timing and I would guess less understanding of the complicated process to apply to medical school.

1) You need US based undergraduate coursework to fulfill your requirements. Community college may be possible but it will put you at a competitive disadvantage.
2) You need to complete that course work prior to MCAT
3) You need to take the MCAT in the spring or early summer a year before you apply at the latest
4) you need to slow down and learn this all and plan at least a 2 or 3 year lead time to get there from now