Step I eligibility period - urgent pls help

Started by ms1211
Tags Tags
step 1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ms1211

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

My eligibility period ended on June 30, I called Prometric on June 30 and was told that I'd need to wait until the next day to extend my eligibility period. I'm realizing this may have been incorrect info. I'm waiting to speak with NBME tomorrow regarding an extension. I need to take the exam by July 18, if possible.

Can I just fill out the form on the NBME and mail it to them overnight w/ the $70 check or do I need to reapply for the permit all over again? Please help!

Will I be able to take the exam this month? I know I may have to pay another $600 which sucks, but do I really need to go through the whole scheduling permit again?? The website is confusing.
 
If this is your original 3 month eligibility period which ends on June 30, u have until July 25 to apply for another 3 month extension.

Fill in the extension request form with the required amount and send to ecfmg, it took me around 10 days for them to process the extension request.

It might vary for you...depending on the situation.

U need not apply for a new permit.

Hope it answers your query.