Oldest (2001...) to current?
Newest backwards?
Random?

AlmostAnMD

7+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
I've started to look at this stuff and there is remarkably little step 1 material on it

Jan 15, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I would stick with studying for step 2. You'll have more than enough time to listen to EM rap third and fourth year. If you want something EM that will help you think of differentials and etc I would try EM basic but that's going to be over kill for a second year. Prioritize my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: TheOther
OP
TheOther

TheOther

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Why not study med school stuff like pathoma
Haha I am. I just find that I have some time driving, walking the dog, eating, etc when I'm not wanting to listen to Goljan. I joined acep so figured I'd check out emrap, that's all :)

OP
TheOther

TheOther

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks everyone for the input!

I honestly didn't realize emrap was mainly for residents. People said to join acep for free emrap as a med student so I figured....

Guess it's back to UFAPS :)

Zebra Hunter

5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2014
Status
Attending Physician
You are fine listening to it as a medical student; however, you are not going to get much out of it. EM:RAP tends to focus more on cutting edge topics, day-to-day EM issues like throughput and pro-tips for basic procedures you won't be doing until you're a resident, and they frequently do segments on medical malpractice cases. You need to have a firm understanding of the basics of EM care and experience in the ER to get the most out of it.

Renaissance Man

Saving the World
7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2010
East Coast
Status
Attending Physician
EM:RAP has recently developed something called C3 (core curriculum) which is probably a decent listen for medical students, as a MS2 it still probably isn't super beneficial quite yet, but I would start with those.

shoal

Oinker!
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2005
Status
emrap will cause you problems on exams. its far ahead more cutting edge and duplicate and incorrect for test answers will cause you problems. you will have ample time to listen to it later.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
TheOther

TheOther

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks for the heads up everyone :) Appreciate it