Email or snail mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSalha17

UWSOD c/o 2017 :)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When sending a thank you letter after an interview, is it better to send a hand weitten letter or is it ok to just send an email? And how long after your interview do you send the letter? Does it look like you are too eager if you send it the next day?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Private jet yourself over and hand deliver it. They will not be able to refuse.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent emails. It cuts the risk of the note not reaching the person it needs to go to. I had one of my interviews on a Monday, and I sent an email on Wednesday afternoon.

Just don't use cards with glitter. We received holiday themed thank you's from an applicant today and when the admissions director saw glitter on the envelope, she threw hers away without even opening it.

This is way better than glitter. It's fun and interactive so the interviewer can play around with his fat fingers like legs for the little ballerina. Highly recommend it
coolest-thank-you-card-ever-841x1024.jpg

Just don't use cards with glitter. We received holiday themed thank you's from an applicant today and when the admissions director saw glitter on the envelope, she threw hers away without even opening it.

i don't like glitter but she sounds like a bi**h. seriously, so inconsiderate ...

I sent emails. It cuts the risk of the note not reaching the person it needs to go to. I had one of my interviews on a Monday, and I sent an email on Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks for the input, this is helpful

You are not wrong...I am counting the days until I start dental school and quit that job.

:laugh:

I mailed cards to most interviewers. I couldn't mail them to all because I either couldn't find their address, or there were too many people.

Also, I kept getting busy, so mine were mailed out more than a week after my interview.

Interestingly enough, I got rejected to a school I mailed cards too, and was accepted to a school that I didn't mail anything to, haha. Interesting how things work

How often does mail really get lost?

When sending a thank you letter after an interview, is it better to send a hand weitten letter or is it ok to just send an email? And how long after your interview do you send the letter? Does it look like you are too eager if you send it the next day?

Thanks

When I apply, I don't know whether I'm going to do email vs hand-written thank you's. I honestly wish I could do both, but I guess that'd be overkill.

The one thing I have been told is that if you're going to send a thank you note, you should send a thank you note as soon as possible. Don't wait longer than a week is what I have been told. I probably wouldn't send an email thank you the day of my interview (I could drop one in the mail the day of, though), and I honestly think the morning after is the perfect time to send an email thank you. IMO, it shows you're interested and that you've had time to think about the interview a little bit before sending the thank you note.

:idea:
What do you guys think of dropping handwritten thank you notes in the mailbox right after the interview, the day of the interview? That way it'd get to the interviewer within a couple of days of the interview, and chances are the interviewer isn't going to pay attention to the date it was sent or the place that stamped it, so it probably wouldn't look super creepy. Good idea or bad idea?

What the heck I feel like I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find the contact information for two of the three dentists I interviewed with... Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do?

You can call the admissions office. If you know the names of who interviewed you, they can get you that info!

Those were the people who I didn't bother sending a card to. If they're practicing dentists, you might be able to find their office address?

Those were the people who I didn't bother sending a card to. If they're practicing dentists, you might be able to find their office address?

i googled the local dentist that interviewed us at LECOM. I managed to get her office address.

I literally searched EVERYWHERE for their email address and I didn't even find them in google. It is like they are ghost adcoms... Spooky? Haha