Emailing English professors randomly - to take a look at PS

bozz

10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2007
    I've never had a class with a prof. from the English department. I'm getting a guy from the Econ/Int'l Studies to look at my PS. However, it'd be nice if someone could comment on the technicalities. I just emailed an English prof randomly and she basically asked me to ask the "Writing Center."

I'm going to keep trying with other profs. to see what they say. :thumbup: or :thumbdown: idea

sunny1

10+ Year Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    1. Pre-Medical
      I've never had a class with a prof. from the English department. I'm getting a guy from the Econ/Int'l Studies to look at my PS. However, it'd be nice if someone could comment on the technicalities. I just emailed an English prof randomly and she basically asked me to ask the "Writing Center."

I'm going to keep trying with other profs. to see what they say. :thumbup: or :thumbdown: idea

:thumbdown:

About the Ads

MilkmanAl

10+ Year Member
      Mar 23, 2008
      Kansas City, MO
      www.youtube.com
      1. Attending Physician
        Take it to them, and if they suggest stupid changes, ignore them. You've got nothing to lose besides a little time. I definitely would not contact a professor (or anyone else, for that matter) who I didn't know to edit my paper if that person wasn't specifically offering a paper/PS editing service.

silverhorse84

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Navy
        Apr 1, 2008
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          And? Just because they're students doesn't mean that they don't know what they're talking about, especially if you're only looking for technicalities. My guess is they're English majors, so, unless the English department at your sucks, they'll know what they're talking about.

iduwanna

10+ Year Member
          May 2, 2008
          1. Pre-Medical
            why would profs from the english dept who dont even know you agree to read your PS? youre delusional, they're not a free editing service. if i were them, id blast you just for asking.

It's actually not uncommon for teachers to try to help students. I wouldn't be suprised if there were even some english teachers who enjoy helping people with english.

Quix

Herr Professor
            Moderator Emeritus
            10+ Year Member
            Jul 8, 2006
            Lake Charles, LA
            1. Academic Administration
              Use the writing center. You stand a better chance for immediate feedback, and you might not irritate the faculty in the process (personally I get a little irked when somebody I don't know wants me to look over something for which they have other resources).

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.