Emailing Residency Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medgirlmt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few interviews so far but have not heard from my top choice residency. I know they are giving out interviews so far. My application was delayed because I had submitted it but my board scores weren't submitted into ERAS properly until mid last week, after the interviews started going out. Should I email them and express my interest?

Members don't see this ad.

I did to the ones I was interested in. They usually got back to my email and then offered me an invitation to interview. Just email them and say you were checking in on your application and if they needed any additional info. I didn't apply to many programs is why I sent out an email to the ones that hadn't responded. Best of luck!!

I did to the ones I was interested in. They usually got back to my email and then offered me an invitation to interview. Just email them and say you were checking in on your application and if they needed any additional info. I didn't apply to many programs is why I sent out an email to the ones that hadn't responded. Best of luck!!

Would you mind giving an example of what that email looked like? I feel like a PC/PD gets so many emails with the same subject line that not all of them get opened. Was the subject line in the email something like:

"M4 (first and last name) interested in update on residency application ... "

Members don't see this ad :)
Ask well connected FM docs at your school to contact the programs you're interested in.

Would you mind giving an example of what that email looked like? I feel like a PC/PD gets so many emails with the same subject line that not all of them get opened. Was the subject line in the email something like:

"M4 (first and last name) interested in update on residency application ... "

Just titled it application.

Just curious if you received my application. Your program was another that I am interested in, and I would be grateful for a chance to meet you all.

Thank you so much!

And that's all I wrote because it is completely true. I have been very interested in their program and had gotten my applications in on time, but hadn't heard anything from them!

Anyways best of luck!