emails from schools after taking DAT and not applying ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

emails from schools after taking DAT is automated?

  • yes, its automated

    Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no, its not

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    6

Elusive011

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so I'm sure this happens to everyone but I'm just curious as I've been getting many emails from dental schools. Many of them advise applying to the next cycle, I'm assuming they got my DAT scores after I took my DAT & sent them every school... lol I did not apply because I took my DAT in Nov so there was not enough time to do so. However, I'm actually studying for a retake to hopefully score better in my 2nd go at it.

Wondering if this is something automated every school does when they receive DAT scores or if I actually have a shot at these schools?
 
Last edited:
I didn't apply this cycle but Western keeps sending me emails trying to get my money for next cycle. They also email me about their masters program.


Yea man, same didn't even apply but Ive gotten like 3 emails this week alone. Never happened before this week so I'm a bit surprised. I also got an email from Western U and Iowa U. Gets me pretty excited, I don't even remember sending my scores to more than 7 schools, guess I just forgot.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My personal favorite are invitations from UCSF to apply for their post-bacc program. I was rejected from there this cycle but I don't think the post-bacc will help a 3.9 or 23 DAT lol

Rejected with a 3.9 and 23 DAT, what on gods earth. *HOW SWAY?* lol