Embryology book recommendations PLEASE.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fsunavybabe

allopathic med student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for an embryology book.

Accurate and complete but preferably read-able and reasonably easy to understand.

Please provide me with full titles and authors as well as your comments on what you liked/didn't like, strengths/weaknesses, and anything else you think will be helpful for us to pick the best one (or 2).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well i suppose the general consensus if langman's medical embryology. not for me though. It was too long for my 10 week anatomy/embryology course. I used high yield embryology and it was great. As far as the strengths go, i thought it was seemingly perfect...then again, i didn't like embryo and it seemed like an easy read [which it was]. However, when it came to the shelf exam, i ended up using that AS WELL AS the high yield embryology portion that's in First Aid. For my shelf at least, that high yield was great. Everything you need for the class is basically in high yield though [my school had ~5 lectures on embryo, and the rest was up to us].

Here they recommend Persaud's The Developing Human

but I would just go with HY Embryology, if you are reviewing.

Members don't see this ad :)
high yield embryo is pretty good

Basic Concepts in Embryology - A Student's Survival Guide. By Lauren J. Sweeney. The book literally saved my ass. If you suck as much as I do in embryo, you will love this book. You might wanna read the reviews on Amazon.