Embryology of CN V

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sentinel8483

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please tell me how V1 and V2 is formed?

I understand V3 is formed in 1st brachial arch. But I cant seem to find anything about how V1 and V2 formed in embryological life
 
I mean, it comes from the same ganglion so, I'd assume it's, partially at least, hopefully fully, the 1st arch. The trigeminal nerve branches. Doesn't mean they come from different locations. It's like a tree w/ branches. Wherever the tree trunk came from, never mind the branches, there ya go.

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just dropping in to say that I hate embryology. :happy:

EDIT for laughs: my professor is always like "in the clinic when you see a finding, you can remember that other associated findings are related due to the fact that they are derived from pharyngeal arch yadda yadda yadda...."
 
Last edited:
Depending on your specialty, or surgical subspecialty in my case, head/neck embryology can actually be super helpful from a surgical anatomy standpoint. Also shows up on in-service/boards. Some of us never escape this stuff.