emcat down?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geh926

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to take my last FL this morning, AAMC 11 before my test thursday but emcat won't let me. Right after I click on any of my tests, I get this popup:

A communications error has occurred. This typically occurs due to a brief interruption in local Internet service. This error requires you to restart your test. When you click OK, your test will restart to the last question you have seen and no data or time will be lost.

Click Cancel to exit the test.

I've tried clearing my cache, signing out and back in, using chrome, firefox, IE, and even went to a different place in case it was due to internet connection. Nothing seems to work? Any ideas?! :confused:

To make matters worse, it's a holiday so I can't even contact tech support :(

Members don't see this ad.

I'm testing Thursday at 8 too. Crazy that months of schedule planning and the most important FL gets ruined since I can't take it tomorrow with classes all day +pissed+

Also, the only thread I've ever had reach 2 pages had to be this one... :rolleyes:

I got a callback from a tech, and confirmed with him that I'm still seeing the problem. So far in the past hour I can eventually get pages to load, but it takes 10+ OK buttons of coaxing.

So they're still working on it. :thumbup:

I got a callback from a tech, and confirmed with him that I'm still seeing the problem. So far in the past hour I can eventually get pages to load, but it takes 10+ OK buttons of coaxing.

So they're still working on it. :thumbup:
Awesome. Thanks for the update!

Members don't see this ad :)
*server crashes again due to influx of people logging on* lol
Release the hounds! :laugh:

Now we can all stop freaking out about e-mcat being down and resume freaking out about the actual real MCAT!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvBFlJTgQfQ[/YOUTUBE]

Hmm, I think at this point, it's better to just do the pdf. Does anyone find that they do better/worse when they take the exam on the computer versus printing it out? I know that's an odd question but I've been printing most of my exams so far and wanted to try a couple on the computer just to get used to it. With e-mcat being down, however, I want to just print the pdf so I can at least get a practice exam done today. Hopefully, not having much practice on the computerized version doesn't harm my score...

Hmm, I think at this point, it's better to just do the pdf. Does anyone find that they do better/worse when they take the exam on the computer versus printing it out? I know that's an odd question but I've been printing most of my exams so far and wanted to try a couple on the computer just to get used to it. With e-mcat being down, however, I want to just print the pdf so I can at least get a practice exam done today. Hopefully, not having much practice on the computerized version doesn't harm my score...
Did you read the thread? :confused:

The server is back up! Study away.

In regards to taking tests on the computer vs. on paper, I guess it depends on the person..it shouldn't make a huge difference but if you're very LCD-screen averse I'd suggest practicing from here on out using the computer so your eyes kinda get used to staring at the screen for a long time...just like the real thing lol. I personally study mostly from PDFs online (practice questions only, not reading materials).

Did you read the thread? :confused:

Lol, the updates to the thread were made while I was typing my reply so I didn't realize the servers were back up. Sorry!

My questions still stands though: anybody see a big difference if they do the exam on paper vs computer?

Lol, the updates to the thread were made while I was typing my reply so I didn't realize the servers were back up. Sorry!

My questions still stands though: anybody see a big difference if they do the exam on paper vs computer?
No worries! I think it's best to practice online. When I took the MCAT last time, it was very soothing to have a familiar interface.