Emergency Medicine Aways IMG

Started by IMEMIMG
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IMEMIMG

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the process of searching for another rotation that would consider IMGs AND consider applicants outside of VSAS.

My question is should I wait until after I've done the first rotation I was accepted at and then apply for more rotations? I feel like this might help my applications, having already done an away at another institution in the US.

How should I go about mentioning it though? Should it be on my CV? Should I request a regular LOR from the faculty I work with at the away? Is there a way to send my SLOE (I'll waive the right to see it obviously) from the first rotation to other programs I'm interested in doing an away at?

I've been hesitant to email a lot of programs for aways since I get immediately rejected for being an IMG, so maybe it is best to wait.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'd really appreciate it.
 
Last edited:
Bro you are way behind, most of the spots are already filled.

Def don't wait any longer, I would send a brief email with your CV and then call the clerkship director so you can direct her to your email while on the phone.

Considering most programs won't rank without 2 SLOEs I'd get on this