Emergency Medicine Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted958798

Does anyone have any info regarding what is the most important aspects of an application for an Emergency Medicine Fellowship? Also, any info regarding the board certification following a EM fellowship? I recently became interested in EM while in my FM residency.

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I was not able to find anything when I searched SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any info regarding what is the most important aspects of an application for an Emergency Medicine Fellowship? Also, any info regarding the board certification following a EM fellowship? I recently became interested in EM while in my FM residency.

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I was not able to find anything when I searched SDN.
Really?

There are 2 threads about EM fellowships within the top 6 most recent in this part of the forum:

Reactions: 6 users
Just a warning to anyone who thinks this is a viable path, it is a very risky and suboptimal path if you intend to actually work in emergency medicine. There are few places that would hire a non BCEM grad in this market, hell even those of us who are BCEM are facing severely declining pay and limited job options.

Reactions: 1 user
Ive read through all the EM fellowship posts ad nauseum. TLDR: No where will hire you as a EM Fellow trained FM physician that wouldnt have hired you anyways, being small community EDs or Rural EDs. The training is only for your own personal knowledge so you don't kill anyone.

Reactions: 5 users