Emergency Room Coordinator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikkey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview for this position next week and I can't quite figure out what this entails...
Does any one know what an ERC does?

Members don't see this ad.

what did the job description say?

it's probably paperwork! Registration, insurance, forms, forms, forms, etc. Crowd control. Scheduling front desk, payroll, etc.

See that's the problem, there was no job description: I just called to have info on jobs in the ER and the lady said she had an opening and that I had to be there next monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is for one in chicago, i pulled it off a google:

ob Description: Emergency room coordinators perform reception and clerical duties of considerable difficulty in the adult and pediatric emergency rooms. The job involves extensive utilization of Hospitals systems and constant interaction with patients, physicians, and other members of the Hospitals' staff. Emergency Room coordinators need to possess both a strong customer service orientation and a commitment to excellence and accuracy while working in a fast-paced, multi-task environment. Qualifications Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Successful completion of medical terminology class. Skills Required: Ability to type 35 wpm and perform general office duties of filing, Xeroxing, operating printers. Familiarity with telephone and intercom systems. Ability to enter and retrieve data accurately and quickly, check work, and resolve mistakes. Strong, verbal, writing, and number-comparison skills. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to handle a wide variety of public contacts, including conflicts, with patience, tact, courtesy and discretion. Other Critical Requirements: Considerable skill in determining priorities, working independently, and making decisions. High degree of initiative and problem-solving ability. Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, make independent decisions, and assume responsibility. Ability and willingness to cooperate with co-workers, supervisors, nurses and physicians to do whatever needs to be done in order to serve the patient. Flexibility to learn and incorporate new systems and process. Ability to attend mandatory training classes offered by the Hospitals after hours or on weekends, with advance notice. Ability to work weekends and holidays. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. - Apply for Emergency Room Coordinator - (LF16061)

Thank you!