Emory & Henry interview on 11/17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IjustWannaPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just got an interview invite to Emory & Henry and was wondering if anyone else is going?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!

I just got an interview invite to Emory & Henry and was wondering if anyone else is going?
Congratulations on the interview to emory & Henry! I applied a few weeks ago but still haven’t heard anything other than they received my application and I am under review. If you don’t mind me asking what were your stats and when did you apply? Getting kind of nervous here :(.

Congratulations on the interview to emory & Henry! I applied a few weeks ago but still haven’t heard anything other than they received my application and I am under review. If you don’t mind me asking what were your stats and when did you apply? Getting kind of nervous here :(.

Hey there!!
Honestly, my stats aren’t that great
cGPA: 3.10 (according to PTCAS)
Science GPA: 2.87
pGPA: 3.20 (lacking last part of physics)

GRE: 308
Aw: 4.0

Mediocre at best, but I think what really helped me was having amazing letters of recs. The PT that owns the clinic I work at wrote me a stunning review

Also observed in two settings
1,160 hours in an orthopedic outpatient clinic (working as an aide)
And 60 hours of shadowing at an occupational med clinic

Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!
Did you do the supplemental app as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there!!
Honestly, my stats aren’t that great
cGPA: 3.10 (according to PTCAS)
Science GPA: 2.87
pGPA: 3.20 (lacking last part of physics)

GRE: 308
Aw: 4.0

Mediocre at best, but I think what really helped me was having amazing letters of recs. The PT that owns the clinic I work at wrote me a stunning review

Also observed in two settings
1,160 hours in an orthopedic outpatient clinic (working as an aide)
And 60 hours of shadowing at an occupational med clinic

Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!
Did you do the supplemental app as well?
Thank you for the response! I did submit the supplemental application as well(I believe it was just the fee if I’m not mistaking?) and my stats aren’t that great either :(. I have a 3.4 cgpa with a 3.55 Pre-req gpa and a 3.75 the last 60 hours or so somewhat of an upward trend. My GRE wasn’t that great 149 math 148 verbal with 4.0 AW. I spoke to the admissions coordinator on the phone since I received an email that my supplemental fee was not received even though I submitted it and got it all taken care of. Fingers crossed here!! Congratulations again!!

Thank you for the response! I did submit the supplemental application as well(I believe it was just the fee if I’m not mistaking?) and my stats aren’t that great either :(. I have a 3.4 cgpa with a 3.55 cgpa and a 3.75 the last 60 hours or so somewhat of an upward trend. I spoke to the admissions coordinator on the phone since I received an email that my supplemental fee was not received even though I submitted it and got it all taken care of. Fingers crossed here!! Congratulations again!!

Those are some great stats!! Assuming your letters of rec, GRE, and observation hours are good, I see no reason why you won’t get an invite soon. Keep your chin up, I’m sure there’s still a good chance! :)

Those are some great stats!! Assuming your letters of rec, GRE, and observation hours are good, I see no reason why you won’t get an invite soon. Keep your chin up, I’m sure there’s still a good chance! :)
My letters of req were pretty good one was from a professor, and two were from PT’s one where I currently work as an aide at geriatric outpatient and one was where I did my observation hours in pediatrics!

My letters of req were pretty good one was from a professor, and two were from PT’s one where I currently work as an aide at geriatric outpatient and one was where I did my observation hours in pediatrics!

Oh also, I applied about a week ago and then heard back a couple days later. I’m also wondering if the program specific essays play a big role as well? They really seem to emphasize community work. The website also says they place a preference on first generation students as well as students that volunteered in rural cities / villages!

I'll be there on the 17th, but I won't be able to go to the meet & greet.

Hey guys!

I got an email saying that they received and reviewed my application! Did you get that as well prior to receiving your interview invite?

I got an email saying that they received and reviewed my application! Did you get that as well prior to receiving your interview invite?
I received that same email stating that they received and reviewed the application. I believe it came from tracie. I reached out to them and they said that all of the November interviews have been issued and if you didn’t get one yet then you might be eligible for the January one. I didn’t get the November so I’m hoping for January. I wish you good
Luck!!! Keep us updated!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Good luck! Yeah I did receive that email as well, plus a reminder about the supplemental application fee!

I received that same email stating that they received and reviewed the application. I believe it came from tracie. I reached out to them and they said that all of the November interviews have been issued and if you didn’t get one yet then you might be eligible for the January one. I didn’t get the November so I’m hoping for January. I wish you good
Luck!!! Keep us updated!!!

Yay!! Good luck to you! :D

when did you apply? and did you get the interview invite just this week?

I sent in all of my applications mid-August (can't remember exact date). I received the email about the interview on October 25th.

See you there! Will you be going to the meet and greet as well?

I will definitely be at the info session part of the Meet & Greet but I'm not 100% sure if ill be able to stay for the dinner part yet or not

I'm going to the meet and greet and interview the 17th too! If anybody wants to get together that Friday or Saturday to prep for the interview or just hang out and be nervous together DM me!

So how did everyone’s interviews go?? I personally had a blast. LOVE the faculty, facility, and students!!

So how did everyone’s interviews go?? I personally had a blast. LOVE the faculty, facility, and students!!

Totally agree. Compared to some of the other places I've been, everyone was so nice and welcoming. And the facility is beautiful. I also liked that (at least in my case) one of the interviewers was a past student because it made it seem less formal and easier.

Totally agree. Compared to some of the other places I've been, everyone was so nice and welcoming. And the facility is beautiful. I also liked that (at least in my case) one of the interviewers was a past student because it made it seem less formal and easier.
Agreed!! I was interviewed by Dr. Bitticker and another recent grad, Dr. Peters. Both super friendly and easy to talk to! Of the schools I've interviewed at so far, this is definitely the most welcoming one!

I got my acceptance!! WOOO!! Anyone else that will be attending Emory & Henry next fall? :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

i just got an interview!
I got my acceptance!! WOOO!! Anyone else that will be attending Emory & Henry next fall? :)

Sent from my iPhone using
Congrats on the acceptance! I just got an interview for january! I was wondering if you could give me some tips and pointers! Also how many people were at your interview?

i just got an interview!

Congrats on the acceptance! I just got an interview for january! I was wondering if you could give me some tips and pointers! Also how many people were at your interview?
Congratulations on the interview! If you do t mind me asking, what are your stats? I applied to emory and Henry over a month ago and still haven’t heard back :(. Congratulations again on the interview!

i just got an interview!

Thank you! I'm suuuuper excited. I ended up liking the facility much more than I had anticipated, and the people are GREAT!! I can't wait to see them all again next August!!

There were roughly 50 people interviewing for 32 seats (total is 34 but I believe Dr. Irion said 2 spots had been taken by early admittance applicants). There's two more interviews going on in January, both with roughly 50 applicants each.

TIPS:
1. Go to the orientation and meet & greet. It's not mandatory, but you do get to meet the faculty as well as current DPT students. Orientation will let you know what to expect. Definitely sit in the front row and take notes.
2. During the meet & greet, ask the students questions! It's important to know as much as you can about the school. Make sure it's a good fit for you! I would suggest having a couple questions in mind to ask them.
3. The big one: Interview -- it will be a 30 minute solo interview, done by either two faculty members, or a faculty member with a recent DPT grad. This is NOT a one way interview. You are interviewing them about the school as much as they are interviewing you as a prospective candidate. Go in with confidence and have many questions prepared about the program itself. Make sure they are program specific questions, not general ones. Take notes about what they say, show that you are actively engaged.
4. Finally, look into the core staff faculty members of the DPT department. Get to know every staff member, what they do, what they research, what they teach, etc. Right before Tracie takes you to your interview, she will tell you who you will be interviewed by.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it in!
Good luck!! :)

Congratulations on the interview! If you do t mind me asking, what are your stats? I applied to emory and Henry over a month ago and still haven’t heard back :(. Congratulations again on the interview!

Hey Zimbabwe! I was told by some of the current students in the program that GRE is one of the bigger deciding factors on whether you'll get an interview or not. I believe Emory & Henry put a greater emphasis on that since GRE score is a good determinant of how well students will do in PT programs (not a hard and fast rule tho). The minimum is 300 not including AW I think.

For those of you who have done the interview, do you live in the area? I recently got an interview invite and am from out of state... I checked to see the closest airport is 40 mins away!

For those of you who have done the interview, do you live in the area? I recently got an interview invite and am from out of state... I checked to see the closest airport is 40 mins away!

Hey there! I flew in from the west coast so it was quite the adventure getting there. The closest airport is Tri-city airport in TN. Definitely need to get a rental car to drive the rest of the way.

I am also from west coast! And that seems to be my plan (to rent a car). How was the city? It seems to me that E&H is located in a pretty rural area. Thanks so much for the insight btw. Congrats on your acceptance!!!

I am also from west coast! And that seems to be my plan (to rent a car). How was the city? It seems to me that E&H is located in a pretty rural area. Thanks so much for the insight btw. Congrats on your acceptance!!!

The city itself is pretty small and quiet, not a whole lot going on! I ended up exploring downtown, local grocery stores, and Walmart. Stayed at the Econo-lodge inn! It’s a nice enough town, just pretty boring! I personally didn’t mind it too much, Im mostly there for the program anyways! And thanks!! Good luck with your interview!! :)

I got accepted a few days ago!!!! I'm still not 100% sure where I am wanting to go but Emory & Henry is definitely a top choice after my interview experience.

For those planning to interview soon I know I am always nervous going in so I'll try to put a few things below that may help

1. My family is originally from about 30 minutes away from Marion and the PT program buildings so I know the area pretty well. While it is a very small town, I actually like that better because the town is more invested in the school and your education. Compared to bigger cities, they make you feel more welcome and are always very friendly.

2. The meet & greet is definitely a plus during the interview process. I did not attend the actual dinner but went to the information session and tour. For someone who was really nervous like me it was nice to get into the school the day before and be able to look around before the interview pressure was on. Also, the students who gave my tour were willing to answer any questions we had which also helped when preparing for the interview.

3. The interview is you and then two people from the program. I had a former student and the Pediatrics professor. Tracie told us who was interviewing us and gave a short background on them before the interview which was really helpful. They were both very welcoming and made me feel like they were actually listening and cared what I had to say. Other program I interviewed at asked me a few standard questions and then were done. Emory & Henry asked questions that I felt better pertained to me and they developed more questions off previous answers of mine

4. Definitely ask them questions during the interview. My favorite one to ask is something along the lines of "what is your favorite part of the program here?" because it makes them kind of sell the school to you while feeling like you are interested in the program. I asked that at E&H and the interviewers went on for a very long time and seemed happy that I had asked such a question. Also, don't be afraid to ask what improvements they would like to see on your application. The lady that did mine gave me really good advice and I still got accepted so it definitely doesn't kill your chances.

Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview last night too! :DDDD

what did you wear to the meet and greet?

I dressed casually for the meet and greet! Polo with khakis! Also had a sweater and jacket on since it was pretty cold.

I wouldn’t stress too much about what to wear to the meet and greet! It’s the interview that matters more! Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I dressed casually for the meet and greet! Polo with khakis! Also had a sweater and jacket on since it was pretty cold.

I wouldn’t stress too much about what to wear to the meet and greet! It’s the interview that matters more! Good luck!!

any last pointers about the interview?

any last pointers about the interview?

Be confident and proactive!! Read up on the faculty and make sure you have good questions ready for them during the interview. Show how much interest you have in the program!

Anyone who has accepted their admission offer, I am currently making a FB group for our class. Feel free to message me your names/FB profiles so I can add you!