Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by mongol1985, Jan 3, 2009.
Do you have any acceptances from schools that you would prefer over Emory?
If so, don't go. Otherwise, go.
$350 is a small price to pay for the chance to spend 8 years at a school you would be happier at.
I had my interview in December. Yeah they unfortunately do not pay for travel. As the above poster said, if you have acceptances already at schools you like better than emory, then dont go if you are concerned about the money! However, if you like the school, then go! For me, Emory is one of my top choices, so I really didn't care about the money.
Im still waiting on Emory too man. I haven't heard a thing in like 4 months. i can't tell if thats a good or a bad thing. I am go with a bad thing
Has anyone else heard from Emory yet? I am still waiting too.... I am starting to think this is a bad sign.
I interviewed ~3 weeks ago and haven't heard yet. I believe they said that it would take ~3 weeks before initial acceptances are made.
EDIT: From their website.
Decisions on admission are made on a rolling basis. After interviewing, applicants generally hear a decision on their status within four weeks. Again, communications are generally conducted via email. Accepted applicants will also receive an official letter from the MD/PhD Program and an acceptance packet from the Emory School of Medicine Admissions Office with all the necessary materials for matriculation in the medical school. All applicants are encouraged to contact the MD/PhD Program Office to follow-up on the status of their applications or express their interest in the Program.
I'm guessing multiple months means they are debating your application and deferred the decision until they have interviewed more people.