Emory Program Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jellybee517

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So feel like a lot of other people on these threads are also interested in Emory so figured I'd make a separate thread to ask about this rather than just post in the impressions thread. On my interview day the recent or current transition to the new PD wasn't touched upon nor did we get a chance to speak with the previous PD so kind of in the dark about what's going on there/how that affects things moving forward. Just wondered if anyone had any insight about what's going on with this -- such as is the PD leaving for another institution or just taking a step back? And if the now current PD was someone who's been around with the program for a while? Basically, I just want to get a feel for the direction of the program with this new person at the helm. Thanks in advance for your help everyone and best of luck with the match!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

So feel like a lot of other people on these threads are also interested in Emory so figured I'd make a separate thread to ask about this rather than just post in the impressions thread. On my interview day the recent or current transition to the new PD wasn't touched upon nor did we get a chance to speak with the previous PD so kind of in the dark about what's going on there/how that affects things moving forward. Just wondered if anyone had any insight about what's going on with this -- such as is the PD leaving for another institution or just taking a step back? And if the now current PD was someone who's been around with the program for a while? Basically, I just want to get a feel for the direction of the program with this new person at the helm. Thanks in advance for your help everyone and best of luck with the match!

Dr. Khan, the former director essentially got promoted to dean of education for Grady. He will now be organizing Emory's academic programs at Grady (SOM, residencies, etc). He will still be heavily involved with the neurology program. As a current resident I can personally attest to this. He is amazing and one of the selling points of Emory neurology.
The new director, Dr. Fasano was one of our aPD. She is energetic and passionate about education.
So now we have a neurologist in a high position at Grady, and a new PD who is excited to continue making the program better. I see it as a win win! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks doctormode! I figured it was something along these lines but don't believe it was addressed during day so just wanted to double check. Sounds like a good situation for sure!