Emory Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GuzzyRon

Son of the Son of Man
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's official - Emory is finally done for the season and is sending out rejections. I got a rejection email from them today :oops: and despite my $90, they couldn't even humor me with a regular letter :mad: Oh well....life goes on I guess. :(

Members don't see this ad.

It's official - Emory is finally done for the season and is sending out rejections. I got a rejection email from them today :oops: and despite my $90, they couldn't even humor me with a regular letter :mad: Oh well....life goes on I guess. :(
yeah I got the same email. and yes as you said, life goes on. Its all part of the process I guess. though they should have sent a letter...guess this way was faster.

yeah I got the same email. and yes as you said, life goes on. Its all part of the process I guess. though they should have sent a letter...guess this way was faster.

i prefer email...i throw the letters away anyway...save trees

Members don't see this ad :)
I, too, got the email. I replied asking for a paper copy of the rejection. I further stated that if they required any additional funds beyond the $90 that I had already sent in order to cover the cost of mailing, to please let me know and I could forward them the postage.

I haven't received a reply yet. :)

I, too, got the email. I replied asking for a paper copy of the rejection. I further stated that if they required any additional funds beyond the $90 that I had already sent in order to cover the cost of mailing, to please let me know and I could forward them the postage.

LOL.

Got the same e-mail...

The e-mail wasn't exactly classy, but at least they cut us loose early. I'll take closure over endless speculation anyday.

NICE! Be sure to post how they respond

You, sir, have balls.
:clap:

i prefer email...save trees

Pretty lame excuse on their part....those who got accepted got thick envelopes, didn't they? :smuggrin: They can use 100% recycled paper :mad:

Emory, I hate you!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't worry about it. Atlanta isn't all that great of a place. Dirty, too much traffic, no public transportation, and a large race and class divide. Everyone loves Michael Vick and he just isn't that good.

I wouldn't worry about it. Atlanta isn't all that great of a place. Dirty, too much traffic, no public transportation, and a large race and class divide. Everyone loves Michael Vick and he just isn't that good.

Preach it :oops:

At least not as QB... But good point! Screw Atlanta... I feel better already....

i got the same email.

pssshhhtt... whatever.. its not like i wanted to go there anyway... :D

Burning bridges are we? Be careful what you put down on paper. It can come back to bite you in the ass later in life. My advice is always to write emails like that, keep them in your draft box, and send it in 3 days if you still feel the same way.

wasn't michael vick's alias "ron mexico"? I was trying to get a jersey with that name, but nfl.com shut it down when they found out.

you guys that got the emails, can you let me know when you interviewed.

oh my bad, thought you guys interviewed. Sorry!

hey guys, i got the infamous emory letter. does anyone know of other schools that have closed out beyond emory? specefically im waiting to hear from usc or loyola of chicago? thanks

got the same e-mail...sucks:mad:

NICE! Be sure to post how they respond
Wow, I'm surprised I actually got a response. This is what she said:

The Admissions Office decided a few years ago to use electronic means of communication whenever possible - to save trees, funds, and administrative time. Emory University as a whole is very environmentally conscious, as is the Emory School of Medicine.

We appreciate your interest in Emory and hope you will understand our decision to not send hard-copy correspondence.

Sincerely,
Erica

--
Erica I. Black Associate Director of Admissions
Office of Medical Education and Student Affairs
Emory University School of Medicine
1440 Clifton Road NE, Suite 115
Atlanta, GA 30322

--------

Question: I wonder if their environmentally conscious actions involve sending out e-diplomas, too? :)

Ha, if any office needs to save "administrative time," it's certainly Emory Admissions. Two months just to deposit a check?!

Ha, if any office needs to save "administrative time," it's certainly Emory Admissions. Two months just to deposit a check?!

Word...and I dropped my check in a mailbox about 3 miles from Emory too.

Wow, I'm surprised I actually got a response. This is what she said:

The Admissions Office decided a few years ago to use electronic means of communication whenever possible - to save trees, funds, and administrative time. Emory University as a whole is very environmentally conscious, as is the Emory School of Medicine.

We appreciate your interest in Emory and hope you will understand our decision to not send hard-copy correspondence.

Sincerely,
Erica

Question: I wonder if their environmentally conscious actions involve sending out e-diplomas, too? :)

erica freaking rules

indeed, environmentally-conscious with their polluted coke money and honors medical students who knowingly spread hiv (google 'gary wayne carriker').