Emory Univ. & D.O.s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moni1999

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any D.O. students been accepted into Emory's Resideny Program?
Do they take COMLEX scores, or is everyone required to have USMLE scores?
Is this program D.O. friendly?

Members don't see this ad.

moni1999 said:
Have any D.O. students been accepted into Emory's Resideny Program?
Do they take COMLEX scores, or is everyone required to have USMLE scores?
Is this program D.O. friendly?

BUMP

Hello! D.O. students???? :)

hey there, during my third year, i had a meeting with dr. krowder (sp) who is the RD. he told me cause i asked as well that emory has not taken any DOs in the last around ten years, but that they in the last 5 years have actually ranked at the top of the their list two DOs who acually I m assuming did not rank emory as high as emory had ranked them, so neither of those 2 ranked. He told me that their minimum complex is 50 percentile just as a heads up..take care ..hope that helps

Members don't see this ad :)
johndean11229 said:
hey there, during my third year, i had a meeting with dr. krowder (sp) who is the RD. he told me cause i asked as well that emory has not taken any DOs in the last around ten years, but that they in the last 5 years have actually ranked at the top of the their list two DOs who acually I m assuming did not rank emory as high as emory had ranked them, so neither of those 2 ranked. He told me that their minimum complex is 50 percentile just as a heads up..take care ..hope that helps

Thanks for the response! No DOs in the last 10years, WOW! :eek: So I guess that means that they are not very D.O. friendly.

moni1999 said:
Thanks for the response! No DOs in the last 10years, WOW! :eek: So I guess that means that they are not very D.O. friendly.

i wouldnt say that cause after i really felt with a strong consideration at emory if i liked. i think there are some what DO friendly, it is just up to you to be as competitive as your allopathic counterparts with research, publications, strong LOR from strong programs, and of course good board scores. the best way you can really tell if a program is not DO friendly is if they ultimately require the USMLE or like i beleive in the situation of Columbia, have never taken a DO in their program. And honestly that is the only top Psych program in the country that I am not applying. Yale had had DO's, Brown, MUSC, Georgetown, NYU, LIJ, U. of Maryland, so there are top programs that have so I would recommend applying to a lot. Thats what a PD at a major program told me was his biggest advice to strong DO applicants. Good luck!