Emory!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Julietcf14

I'd rather be hiking
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything since their "we now have an internet payment system" email? Sorry if this is a redundant post.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing but a thunderous silence.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, what is with people freaking out so much over Emory? If you got the previous emails, it's a pretty safe bet that you will get the email telling you the secondary is ready to go. Until then, it's not like anyone else is able to take some secret route to applying early and gaining an edge. People just need to chill out.

I, for one, am not freaking out. I'm irritated because I've been enjoying the advantage of applying early, and Emory has taken that away (where I could've really used it).

I was also hoping to have all my secondaries done before the semester started again. Too late for that...

Has anyone heard anything since their "we now have an internet payment system" email? Sorry if this is a redundant post.

Dont worry, I got it too

On 8/31.

We have received your verified application data from AMCAS.

We are happy to report that the website for the online Emory Supplemental Application has been upgraded this year and will include a credit card payment option for the $90 application fee. Testing of the site is now underway. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work with our programmers to fine-tune this new upgrade.

The 2008 Emory Supplemental Application site should be live within the next few weeks. We will send you more details very soon.

In the meantime, please be sure that you keep your contact information, particularly your email, updated with AMCAS. Your preferred email address with AMCAS is where we will be sending you the supplemental application information.

We look forward to receiving your application, and we thank you for your interest in Emory School of Medicine!

well i doubt there'll be any progress over labor day weekend. just relax.

I am a little confused. From what I read over here, the Emory secondary hasn't been released yet. Is that true? Cause for some reason, I was under the impression that some people had already been emailed the information to access it.

As far as this internet community is aware, no one has Emory's supplementary.

Before you know it it'll be May.

I, for one, am not freaking out. I'm irritated because I've been enjoying the advantage of applying early, and Emory has taken that away (where I could've really used it).

I was also hoping to have all my secondaries done before the semester started again. Too late for that...

You have not lost any advantage at Emory...what are you talking about?

You have not lost any advantage at Emory...what are you talking about?

I know exactly what Inuranic is talking about. I feel like my MCAT score is pretty average (a 30 with an 8 in PS), but that getting everything in ASAP and being complete in mid-July allowed me to be in the first batch of applications considered for an interview, and probably helped me get as many early interviews as I have right now. At this point (September), there are so many more people who are already verified, have all of their LORs together, and are able to get their secondaries in ASAP as well. So, when Emory comes out, the advantage of having been verified by AMCAS in early June and having all LORs uploaded to VirtualEvals by early July won't be an advantage, and there will be a veritiable deluge of people complete all at the same time. There will be no "early" applicants at Emory.

Anyway, I don't think that that "early" advantage applies at all schools, since some of the schools haven't even started sending out invites yet. Perhaps at those schools becoming complete early didn't yield much advantage since they wait to accumulate many more complete apps before making any decisions. No way to know, but I definitely feel like I wouldn't have received an invite to GWU if I hadn't gotten my app in as one of the first.

^^^ Aye aye.

Emory is one of the (US News) highest ranked schools I applied to. Additionally, I'm a couple of points below the average MD-PhD MCAT of 35, though they state on their website that "an MCAT score above a 30 is competitive".

I know exactly what Inuranic is talking about. I feel like my MCAT score is pretty average (a 30 with an 8 in PS), but that getting everything in ASAP and being complete in mid-July allowed me to be in the first batch of applications considered for an interview, and probably helped me get as many early interviews as I have right now. At this point (September), there are so many more people who are already verified, have all of their LORs together, and are able to get their secondaries in ASAP as well. So, when Emory comes out, the advantage of having been verified by AMCAS in early June and having all LORs uploaded to VirtualEvals by early July won't be an advantage, and there will be a veritiable deluge of people complete all at the same time. There will be no "early" applicants at Emory.

Anyway, I don't think that that "early" advantage applies at all schools, since some of the schools haven't even started sending out invites yet. Perhaps at those schools becoming complete early didn't yield much advantage since they wait to accumulate many more complete apps before making any decisions. No way to know, but I definitely feel like I wouldn't have received an invite to GWU if I hadn't gotten my app in as one of the first.

OK, I see it now...good point, but I still don't think it is that big a deal...

OK, I see it now...good point, but I still don't think it is that big a deal...

I agree, Emory is enough of a reach school that I doubt getting in early would have helped much. Ditto with schools like UofChicago, Northwestern, etc. But with mid and lower tiered schools, I believe it definitely can help. Just ask some of the people who applied late last year with no interview invites, who then applied first thing this year and have a handful of invites. The early bird gets the.....

Just in case you guys aren't checking the official secondary questions thread, I thought I'd post this here as well. I just called Emory, and in their pre-recorded message, it says that an email will be sent out to all applicants in mid-September with the link to the secondary application.

Phoenix you seriously ROCK!! Thanks for the update!

Babe, you and Drizzzt have helped me out so much on this site, if I had connections to the president I would be giving him a call... of course, if I had those connections I wouldn't have to ask you guys questions... but the sentiment is still the same! :D