Emory?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think of Emory? Are students happy with the traditional curriculum? Are people in class 9-5? Are faculty accessible?

It's very expensive for me to go to an interview there. Should I bother? I'm already into a lower tiered school and have done lots of interviews so hoping for acceptances at better places.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

when did you recieve the interview invite and how?

I was pretty impressed by emory. They do a good job of showing off all they have to offer. Although there students were nice, there was something a bit off.........I still can't put my finger on it.

As for interviews, they come by email (I got mine about a month ago). They were pretty quick on the decision too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by SunnyS81
there was something a bit off.........I still can't put my finger on it.

Originally posted by SunnyS81
there was something a bit off.........I still can't put my finger on it.

thats great...i dunno i am a senior here. and there is definately something off. The general undergrad population here is unhappy, they put on a great facade since the campus and facilities are just riduculously good, but i feel that the general student attitude is just blah

Thank you for your info.

I got my invite a couple of weeks ago

So it sounds like people aren't happy at Emory? Can you please expound on what is off? Were the students happy? Are the profs accessible? Is it a high stress school?

Thanks

bump

I really need to decide by today whether I'm going to go to the interview. What would you do? Do you think Emory is a good school where people are happy? Does anyone know any Emory med students?

Unless you got into a school you know you would rather go to, then it might be a good idea to go to the Emory interview. I've heard some good things about the school, and you really can never tell what a school is like until you visit it. So, if you have the money and you have not gotten into a school you know for sure you will go to, then I would suggest that you consider going to the Emory interview, especially since its a top 20 school, according to USNEWS.

I liked it when I visited...I mean, short of Harvard/Columbia/Cornell/Michigan/Hopkins/UW/UCSF/Duke etc., Emory will compare quite favorably to the other schools in that sort of second-tier. It has great students, massive brand-new research facilities, nice faculty and staff, interesting hospitals that may or may not definitely appeal to you, and the campus is beautiful. That said, it's somewhat traditional of a curriculum and the lecture halls are pretty run-down. It's not perfect, but it's worth looking at unless you're somehow assured that you're going to get into someplace better....

ah...the weirdness factor of emory...i blame it on the lack of school spirit...it is completely devoid of any competitive sporting events making the students cranky. hahaha. but after 4 years of undergrad...i find myself constantly checking my e-mail awaiting an interview invitation. so i would say go for it. Most people i talk to at Emory med, say they like it.