Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Status
What do you think of Emory? Are students happy with the traditional curriculum? Are people in class 9-5? Are faculty accessible?

It's very expensive for me to go to an interview there. Should I bother? I'm already into a lower tiered school and have done lots of interviews so hoping for acceptances at better places.

Thanks

SunnyS81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was pretty impressed by emory. They do a good job of showing off all they have to offer. Although there students were nice, there was something a bit off.........I still can't put my finger on it.

As for interviews, they come by email (I got mine about a month ago). They were pretty quick on the decision too.

About the Ads

jaymarc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
atlanta, ga
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by SunnyS81
there was something a bit off.........I still can't put my finger on it.

thats great...i dunno i am a senior here. and there is definately something off. The general undergrad population here is unhappy, they put on a great facade since the campus and facilities are just riduculously good, but i feel that the general student attitude is just blah

OP
P

Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Status
Thank you for your info.

I got my invite a couple of weeks ago

So it sounds like people aren't happy at Emory? Can you please expound on what is off? Were the students happy? Are the profs accessible? Is it a high stress school?

Thanks

OP
P

Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Status
bump

I really need to decide by today whether I'm going to go to the interview. What would you do? Do you think Emory is a good school where people are happy? Does anyone know any Emory med students?

SolidGold

Florida winters are the best!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2002
Tampa, FL
Status
Attending Physician
Unless you got into a school you know you would rather go to, then it might be a good idea to go to the Emory interview. I've heard some good things about the school, and you really can never tell what a school is like until you visit it. So, if you have the money and you have not gotten into a school you know for sure you will go to, then I would suggest that you consider going to the Emory interview, especially since its a top 20 school, according to USNEWS.

xaelia

neenlet
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2002
PDX
emlitofnote.com
Status
Attending Physician
I liked it when I visited...I mean, short of Harvard/Columbia/Cornell/Michigan/Hopkins/UW/UCSF/Duke etc., Emory will compare quite favorably to the other schools in that sort of second-tier. It has great students, massive brand-new research facilities, nice faculty and staff, interesting hospitals that may or may not definitely appeal to you, and the campus is beautiful. That said, it's somewhat traditional of a curriculum and the lecture halls are pretty run-down. It's not perfect, but it's worth looking at unless you're somehow assured that you're going to get into someplace better....

nkow

bouncin' here and there
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
ATL
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ah...the weirdness factor of emory...i blame it on the lack of school spirit...it is completely devoid of any competitive sporting events making the students cranky. hahaha. but after 4 years of undergrad...i find myself constantly checking my e-mail awaiting an interview invitation. so i would say go for it. Most people i talk to at Emory med, say they like it.

About the Ads