Employee Health Questionnaire.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fewa Fibroblast

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need suggestions from you all. I am an IMG and starting my Internal Medicine residency next month.
I am a diagnosed case of Diabetes Mellitus which is well controlled with diet and exercise although I was on Metformin in the Past.
I have to complete the employee health questionnaire before starting my residency.
I don't want my program director, my colleagues or anyone other than my PCP to know about my condition as it is not going to hamper my work in any way. (Is this wrong thing to do??)
I wanted to know if it was ok if I don't mention it in my Health History Questionnaire. basically lying that I don't have Diabetes.
Will there be any problem in the future as I surely will need some oral medication to control my blood sugar in the future.
Will this create any problem if I visit my PCP regarding my blood sugar in the future? Sorry although I am going to be a part of the health system, I am relatively new to this.
What do you suggest?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I need suggestions from you all. I am an IMG and starting my Internal Medicine residency next month.
I am a diagnosed case of Diabetes Mellitus which is well controlled with diet and exercise although I was on Metformin in the Past.
I have to complete the employee health questionnaire before starting my residency.
I don't want my program director, my colleagues or anyone other than my PCP to know about my condition as it is not going to hamper my work in any way. (Is this wrong thing to do??)
I wanted to know if it was ok if I don't mention it in my Health History Questionnaire. basically lying that I don't have Diabetes.
Will there be any problem in the future as I surely will need some oral medication to control my blood sugar in the future.
Will this create any problem if I visit my PCP regarding my blood sugar in the future? Sorry although I am going to be a part of the health system, I am relatively new to this.
What do you suggest?

Why do you want to keep it a secret? It’s Metformin, not Suboxone.

Reactions: 1 users
What do you suggest?

Never lie. Better to be honest. This is nothing to lie about. I don't think your PD or anyone in your program will find out about it, even if they do, nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: 2 users
No specific reason. Just wanted to keep it within me and my PCP. So you suggest to be transparent? Thank you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using SDN mobile

Yes, be transparent. There's no reason to lie about it, and if they find out that you lied about something inconsequential like this, they will wonder what else you are lying about.

Reactions: 4 users
Never lie. Better to be honest. This is nothing to lie about. I don't think your PD or anyone in your program will find out about it, even if they do, nothing wrong with it.

I second that, totally agree that there is nothing to worry about. Besides lets be honest, as long as you do your job the best you can, no one will give a hairy rat’s a$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude seriously. Why would you lie about something like this? That's just ridiculous. There are plenty of people in residency with DM, MS, cancer, HTN, even heart disease.

What do you suggest?
The PD will not get your medical details, just a thumbs up or down from occ health. Well controlled type 2 DM is irrelevant.

Going to second this last comment. Your health form will go to occ med. In a well run system, your PD will not be told.

Reactions: 2 users