This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scossavella

Reaction score
Research Participation Opportunity - Grow the Knowledge of Mental Health for Health Care Providers!

My name is Sylvia Cossavella, and I am clinical psychology doctoral student at Alliant International University, San Diego. I am currently working on my dissertation, which seeks to understand the impact of adverse patient events on medical healthcare providers. An adverse patient event is any unexpected or harmful occurrence that occurs during treatment. Such examples are medication side effects, infection, equipment malfunctions, personal err, etc. These events may have a severe impact on the patient, but as the treating professional you too may experience a wide range of psychological/emotional reactions like anxiety, guilt, frustration, burnout, and stress. This study examines the psychological/emotional toll that adverse patient events have on healthcare professionals, so mental health professionals can assist and provide adequate resources to help support when these events take place.

It is anticipated that participation will be approximately 25 minutes, involve minimal risk, and individuals may skip any questions that cause discomfort. If interested, participants can be entered into a raffle to win Starbucks gift cards of various amounts.

If you have any questions about this research, please feel free to contact me, Sylvia Cossavella, at [email protected] I am being advised by Dr. Julii Green and have been approved by the Alliant International University Institutional Review Board.

If you are interested, I would be happy to provide you with a summary of aggregate data from my findings. Thank you for your consideration and support of my dissertation research!

Those interested can access my survey through this link: https://alliant.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eY7U1jLS6IrGua2

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 1.24.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 1.24.56 PM.png
    390 KB · Views: 32