Employer Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance

Started by DesertPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DesertPT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, did a search but found some pretty skimpy info on this topic. So I see PT jobs posted that list "tuition reimbursement" and/or "tuition assistance" listed as a benefit. How common is this going to be when looking for a new grad job and what kind of funding are we potentially talking about here?

I assume it is X dollars per year with a commitment to work at the clinic/hospital for X years, but I mean are we talking like $3k per year or more like $10-15k/yr. Just curious how viable of an option to keep in mind this is when it comes to loan burden.

Thanks guys 😀
 
Hey all, did a search but found some pretty skimpy info on this topic. So I see PT jobs posted that list "tuition reimbursement" and/or "tuition assistance" listed as a benefit. How common is this going to be when looking for a new grad job and what kind of funding are we potentially talking about here?

I assume it is X dollars per year with a commitment to work at the clinic/hospital for X years, but I mean are we talking like $3k per year or more like $10-15k/yr. Just curious how viable of an option to keep in mind this is when it comes to loan burden.

Thanks guys 😀
If you are talking about money for continuing education I wouldn't count on more than a few hundred dollars a year...maybe a little more. I am looking for new jobs and haven't come across anyone offering $15k/yr for education on top of salary...
 
Tuition reimbursements are more common in SNFs or hospital systems but they are out there and should be a part of the checklist when comparing job offers.
I get $4k per yr. and it is paid quarterly. No commitment needed. Good as long as you have proof of educational loans, I think.
I work in outpt ortho for a big national company that owns rehab hospitals and outpt centers.

Hope that helps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are talking about money for continuing education I wouldn't count on more than a few hundred dollars a year...maybe a little more. I am looking for new jobs and haven't come across anyone offering $15k/yr for education on top of salary...

No I'm talking about tuition reimbursement, not CME. 🙂
 
Tuition reimbursements are more common in SNFs or hospital systems but they are out there and should be a part of the checklist when comparing job offers.
I get $4k per yr. and it is paid quarterly. No commitment needed. Good as long as you have proof of educational loans, I think.
I work in outpt ortho for a big national company that owns rehab hospitals and outpt centers.

Hope that helps.

Nice, thanks for the response. If you don't mind me asking, is your salary pretty reasonable for the area you work in? If so then another $300/month for loan payments is a lot better than nothing!
 
Those emails trying to lure you to work in Alaska always offer good payback🙄

Alternatively, my employer won't offer me tuition payback for a degree I have but would pay for me to go back to school for another degree. That is often what employers are talking about when they state tuition reimbursement/assistance, payment for you to go to school while employed there. Just something to be sure is clarified when looking at a benefits package.
 
Seconding what @callmecrazy said - Tuition reimbursement and assistance generally mean while you are employed there, not for loan payments. My company's education assistance benefits program pays up to $7500/year for graduate courses. And you have to pay for the courses out of pocket, and then when your grades come in (and you get at least a 3.0) they will cut you a check.
 
Nice, thanks for the response. If you don't mind me asking, is your salary pretty reasonable for the area you work in? If so then another $300/month for loan payments is a lot better than nothing!

Yes, my salary is on par within my area. The loan reimbursement is just icing on the cake.