EMT-B job in houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

syke771

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I recently got certified as an emt-b and was wondering, how difficult is it to get a job in Houston?? and around how much would i earn per hour??

Im going to apply to various places and hopefully I get hired.. :xf:

No trolls please.. lol, I can google emt salary and get an estimate but I want to get a good idea of how much I can make from someone thats working in EMS..

any input would be appreaciated..

Members don't see this ad.

So I recently got certified as an emt-b and was wondering, how difficult is it to get a job in Houston?? and around how much would i earn per hour??

No trolls please.. lol, I can google emt salary and get an estimate but I want to get a good idea of how much I can make from someone thats working in EMS..

Can't give you any specifics on pay...when I was in EMS in DFW, it was around $7/hr for a new basic...but that was 12 yrs ago. I do know that there are TON of private ambulance companies here in Houston. I've lived here a year, and I still see a new company just about every day in the med center. I would imagine you'll find a job really easily. Also check the hospitals for possible opportunities.

I took my paramedic class just outside of Houston, and my classmates who worked for a private service made about $10/hour ... but the FF/EMT's made a lot more. Other places pay more though, like Louisiana - you can make between $12.16 - $16.50 an hour ... and I believe Florida the pay isn't bad as well.

Thanks for the replys, I had to postpone applying because I went out of town, and just got back last week.. for now im hoping I can get hired on my side of town... I love my car but it is not economic..

and Im not expeceting great pay, just hoping its at least above $10/hr... getting hired would be a feat in itself because the experience/employment section of my resume is EMPTY.. :oops: lol