EMT-B job in houston

Started by syke771
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

syke771

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I recently got certified as an emt-b and was wondering, how difficult is it to get a job in Houston?? and around how much would i earn per hour??

Im going to apply to various places and hopefully I get hired.. :xf:

No trolls please.. lol, I can google emt salary and get an estimate but I want to get a good idea of how much I can make from someone thats working in EMS..

any input would be appreaciated..
 
So I recently got certified as an emt-b and was wondering, how difficult is it to get a job in Houston?? and around how much would i earn per hour??

Im going to apply to various places and hopefully I get hired.. :xf:

No trolls please.. lol, I can google emt salary and get an estimate but I want to get a good idea of how much I can make from someone thats working in EMS..

any input would be appreaciated..

Can't give you any specifics on pay...when I was in EMS in DFW, it was around $7/hr for a new basic...but that was 12 yrs ago. I do know that there are TON of private ambulance companies here in Houston. I've lived here a year, and I still see a new company just about every day in the med center. I would imagine you'll find a job really easily. Also check the hospitals for possible opportunities.
 
So I recently got certified as an emt-b and was wondering, how difficult is it to get a job in Houston?? and around how much would i earn per hour??

Im going to apply to various places and hopefully I get hired.. :xf:

No trolls please.. lol, I can google emt salary and get an estimate but I want to get a good idea of how much I can make from someone thats working in EMS..

any input would be appreaciated..

I took my paramedic class just outside of Houston, and my classmates who worked for a private service made about $10/hour ... but the FF/EMT's made a lot more. Other places pay more though, like Louisiana - you can make between $12.16 - $16.50 an hour ... and I believe Florida the pay isn't bad as well.
 
Thanks for the replys, I had to postpone applying because I went out of town, and just got back last week.. for now im hoping I can get hired on my side of town... I love my car but it is not economic..

and Im not expeceting great pay, just hoping its at least above $10/hr... getting hired would be a feat in itself because the experience/employment section of my resume is EMPTY.. 😳 lol