EMT-b jobs

Started by A1cfox21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

A1cfox21

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering what type of jobs an EMT-b could get within a hospital or clinic or Dr. office? I want to get some really good clinical type experience within the next few years before applying to med school. I saw that EMT-b's can work as ER techs at hospitals and that's why I was wondering if they could do anything else in a hospital. I think I'd prefer working in one place versus driving to emergencies in a bus. Thanks for the help.
 
A1cfox21 said:
I was just wondering what type of jobs an EMT-b could get within a hospital or clinic or Dr. office? I want to get some really good clinical type experience within the next few years before applying to med school. I saw that EMT-b's can work as ER techs at hospitals and that's why I was wondering if they could do anything else in a hospital. I think I'd prefer working in one place versus driving to emergencies in a bus. Thanks for the help.

You may be able to get a job as an MA at a doc's office or urgent care. I did, I am a medic though, I am not sure if they would hire a Basic or not, but I would think they would.