EMT-b jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A1cfox21

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what type of jobs an EMT-b could get within a hospital or clinic or Dr. office? I want to get some really good clinical type experience within the next few years before applying to med school. I saw that EMT-b's can work as ER techs at hospitals and that's why I was wondering if they could do anything else in a hospital. I think I'd prefer working in one place versus driving to emergencies in a bus. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

A1cfox21 said:
I was just wondering what type of jobs an EMT-b could get within a hospital or clinic or Dr. office? I want to get some really good clinical type experience within the next few years before applying to med school. I saw that EMT-b's can work as ER techs at hospitals and that's why I was wondering if they could do anything else in a hospital. I think I'd prefer working in one place versus driving to emergencies in a bus. Thanks for the help.

You may be able to get a job as an MA at a doc's office or urgent care. I did, I am a medic though, I am not sure if they would hire a Basic or not, but I would think they would.