EMT-B Recertification in Louisiana

Started by CoffeeCat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CoffeeCat

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there, I hope you all can help me with this. I certified in 1999 in California as an EMT-B. I never worked as an EMT and it expired when I was abroad. Now I'm in Louisiana and I am very interested in working in a hospital as an EMT. Is certification state dependent? Can you even recertify after having it expire? Do you know where to recertify in New Orleans? I've also been thinking that it's a good idea to go through the whole process again because I felt my class was not thorough and it's been such a long time. Does anyone know of any good places to take the class in New Orleans?

Thanks for any info!