EMT gear

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMFreakz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for you EMT folks (physicians or techs), what pants, shoes, etc have you found good? Is there a good place to get them at? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For in the field, I wear 5.11 EMS pants and 5.11 Haste Boots (with side zip) that I got from lapolicegear.com along with a nike golf polo (nice and cool). I am a big fan of the 5.11 pants, I have had them for almost 2 years and they havnt faded at all. They are very comfortable and good with pockets. The knee pads they include with them look weird, I dont bother with them.
The boots I am not as huge of a fan of. When I got the boots initially, I could hardly stand to wear them. I am not sure if I sized the boots right though. After getting a set of the Dr. Scholls custom insoles that they have the machine for at Walmart, the boots became very comfortable. If you have the budget, Id suggest a pair of Danner boots, make sure to get the side zip boots, it makes your life much easier in a hurry up and wait profession.
You pretty much can't go wrong getting them from lapolicegear, they generally have decent deals and they are easy to work with.
Hope that helps