EMT: is it BCPM?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by aqua, May 23, 2001.

1. aqua

aqua Member

Hi.
    I am confused about where to put my EMT credits on the fabulous AMCAS app. I know friends last year put it in Bio, but the new app. has a SEPARATE health sciences section that GOES INTO ALL OTHER GPA!! I would much prefer those grades in my science GPA--does any one have any insight re: where EMT goes now or where they put EMT credits in the past? Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. skelly99

skelly99 Member

I hate to say it, but I think medical schools know that EMT classes really aren't science classes. With the exception of A&P, which is required for advanced EMT classes (i.e., medic), I don't think you're going to have much luck with this one. But who knows?

Good luck.

4. Hamster

Hamster Member

I was currently enrolled in my EMT class when I sent in my AMCAs. However, I did not recieve college credit when I completed the course.( We recieved no end of the year grades).
    On my interviews, none of the AdCom's asked about it either. I will have to agree that Med schools just don't consider the actual class that important. The experience you get as an EMT is a another thing. Perhaps you can list in your p-statement or activities?
    Good luck!