EMT: is it BCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aqua

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I am confused about where to put my EMT credits on the fabulous AMCAS app. I know friends last year put it in Bio, but the new app. has a SEPARATE health sciences section that GOES INTO ALL OTHER GPA!! I would much prefer those grades in my science GPA--does any one have any insight re: where EMT goes now or where they put EMT credits in the past? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I hate to say it, but I think medical schools know that EMT classes really aren't science classes. With the exception of A&P, which is required for advanced EMT classes (i.e., medic), I don't think you're going to have much luck with this one. But who knows?

Good luck.

I was currently enrolled in my EMT class when I sent in my AMCAs. However, I did not recieve college credit when I completed the course.( We recieved no end of the year grades).
On my interviews, none of the AdCom's asked about it either. I will have to agree that Med schools just don't consider the actual class that important. The experience you get as an EMT is a another thing. Perhaps you can list in your p-statement or activities?
Good luck!