EMT job during the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Punisher

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my EMT-B certification but never had time to get a job. Do you think it is possible to get a summer job (2-3 months) working on an ambulance? Or is that too short of a commitment? How do other students get a job using their EMT certification?

Members don't see this ad.

Punisher said:
I have my EMT-B certification but never had time to get a job. Do you think it is possible to get a summer job (2-3 months) working on an ambulance? Or is that too short of a commitment? How do other students get a job using their EMT certification?

That's exactly what I'm doing. I was honest about leaving at the end of the summer and they said that was fine, but they'd keep me on PRN and when I come back from school, I could pick up some shifts. But, you don't HAVE to tell them, the turnover at most private transport companies is so high, it wouldn't be a big deal if you just quit before school starts. Your best bet, as I said would be transport companies, just doing nursing home a-s-s sore calls. I work as a BLS provider with an EVOC driver(he only has CPR) and we do short distance, long trip ( up to 1,000 miles ), dr appointments, and maybe once or twice a week we get an ER call, so there's lots of variety.

-matt