EMT/Medic Gigs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dropdeded

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now Im doing the EMT thing on an off-shore oil platform. What interesting gigs have you done as an EMT/Medic?

ed

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing too special but a couple of things stick out in my mind.

A couple of MTV standbys
--easy gig, stand around and wait for someone to hurt themselves.

I transported the boyfriend of a Playboy cover girl. He though we were pretty damn cool (think it was the MS my partner gave him :)) so he took down our addresses and three weeks later we both got autographed copies of her issue :D .

My service also did standby for the movie, "The Fast and the Furious." We were there for the filming for the truck hijacking scene (the one that happens on the long desolate road).

Thats it, nothing special, just interesting.

Most of the MTV shows and movie productions are contracted out to unionized paramedic companies that staff movie sets. I know this because a friend of mine owns such a company. He usually does about 4-5 movies/year plus a ton of sitcom shows, commercials, etc.

I bet the guys who standby at the Jackass filmings are busy. Those guys are amazing at what stunts they attempt!

Other than that, I think some cool gigs come when you're a SWAT medic. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
event standby for billy joel/elton john, pink floyd, phil collins, lollapolooza, smashing pumpkins, rolling stones, etc
treated the drummer of a major rock group for anaphylactic shock......
intubated o.d.'s at pink floyd.....

Jambi said:
My service also did standby for the movie, "The Fast and the Furious." We were there for the filming for the truck hijacking scene (the one that happens on the long desolate road).

Meet any of the actors?

I spent a short time as a medic on a construction site. Most boring gig ever.

'zilla

rn29306 said:
Meet any of the actors?

No not me, but two of the medics ended up being in the movie. They are the two guys carrying the Pt (forget which actor) to the helicopter.