EMT Training in California; Working in New Mexico

Started by Daniel0703
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Daniel0703

Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am graduating this May with my bachelors degree and have hopes of attending PA School. To diversify my clinical experience I wanted to work as an EMT. The program here in New Mexico is a semester long and I have found a program at UCLA that accomplishes the training in a month. I was wondering if the training and certification is transferrable to New Mexico so that I can work there?
 
You will need to contact New Mexico's Department of EMS (or whoever else runs the EMS certifications for New Mexico) to see if they grant reciprocity (ability to transfer certification) from California.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad