Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

EMT volunteering abroad?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by djsbaseball2014, Aug 22, 2015.

1. djsbaseball2014

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi all,

I am currently about to enter my second year of UG at a california UC. I recently took an EMT class and will be taking the national exam this monday to get certified. I have a question regarding possible EMT volunteering done abroad. This would be during the summer of 2017. I will have finished my junior year by then and will be submitting my AMCAS application in June, provided everything else is ready to go. My question is, do you think this would be a beneficial experience as i have found numerous organizations that offer this program? Also, provided i do apply that June, is it possible to still complete all secondaries and what not during my trip? If anybody has any personal experience of traveling abroad during secondaries please give me any advice you have! thank you guys and I hope to hear from you soon :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...