Dansk703

5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Anyone have any experience or know anything about working for Encompass Health? Asking for a friend who is afraid they are going to be out of a job soon because of everything going on with Corona.

Piebaldi

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jan 3, 2019
Anyone have any experience or know anything about working for Encompass Health? Asking for a friend who is afraid they are going to be out of a job soon because of everything going on with Corona.
Encompasshealth overall is a reasonable place with pros and cons. Pros: great pay for physicians, some flexibility in terms in scheduling, can either be contractor vs. employed, if a med director, stipend is high, can set up outpatient type clinic, large # of patients, reasonable facilities.
Cons: limited control of who is admitted unless you are a med director, a lot of debility/deconditioning type stuff, etc.

Dansk703

5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thank you for you response. Have you worked with them or do you currently work there? Do you know if they expect you to see or carry a certain census of patients? Also, as far as call responsibilities any idea how that generally works? Is there a difference of responsibility for contractor vs physician group employee with them? Is it days that are flexible or what is flexible as far as the schedule is concerned? I appreciate the information.

About the Ads

Piebaldi

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you for you response. Have you worked with them or do you currently work there? Do you know if they expect you to see or carry a certain census of patients? Also, as far as call responsibilities any idea how that generally works? Is there a difference of responsibility for contractor vs physician group employee with them? Is it days that are flexible or what is flexible as far as the schedule is concerned? I appreciate the information.
I don't work for them, but was in the process of almost taking a job - i don't know the answer to all your questions but you should ask a recruiter - they tend ot be helpful and responsive when you inquire.

Reactions: j4pac and Dansk703

AndyDufrane

15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
Have heard encompass can be a shady place to work, I knew someone who worked for one, apparently the admission criteria for ARU was very loose, think they got in trouble with DOJ, not sure how much they had to pay, but impression was they were admitting patients that probably did not meet ARU admission criteria

Piebaldi

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jan 3, 2019
Have heard encompass can be a shady place to work, I knew someone who worked for one, apparently the admission criteria for ARU was very loose, think they got in trouble with DOJ, not sure how much they had to pay, but impression was they were admitting patients that probably did not meet ARU admission criteria
there was a whistleblower lawsuit in the past and they did pay out a chunk of cash but they rake in like 3billion so not sure they are really hurting that much

i have a classmate who is a med director, he also does some emgs on the side, he's raking in over 500k and doesn't work 40hours not too shabby

RodofEbullience

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2009
Philly
rodofebullience.blogspot.com
Status
there was a whistleblower lawsuit in the past and they did pay out a chunk of cash but they rake in like 3billion so not sure they are really hurting that much

i have a classmate who is a med director, he also does some emgs on the side, he's raking in over 500k and doesn't work 40hours not too shabby
Does your classmate live in a rural or low SES place? Asking because I plan on going into inpatient practice after I graduate as well

About the Ads