End of Life Issues course?

Started by dvmcatdog
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dvmcatdog

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I was looking through the course curriculum for UF and saw they have a class called End of Life Issues in Vet Med. I wanted to know if other vet schools have students take classes like this as well, I mean I would assume so. But is there a class dedicated to it? Euthanasia is a pretty important topic in my opinion. UF also has a vet med business management class, do other schools have that too? It seems like a great course if students want to open up their own practice. Thanks in advance!
 
Hello everyone!

I was looking through the course curriculum for UF and saw they have a class called End of Life Issues in Vet Med. I wanted to know if other vet schools have students take classes like this as well, I mean I would assume so. But is there a class dedicated to it? Euthanasia is a pretty important topic in my opinion. UF also has a vet med business management class, do other schools have that too? It seems like a great course if students want to open up their own practice. Thanks in advance!
We have a Bereavement course as well as multiple business management courses.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Purdue has an ethics class first semester of first year and a few business classes third year. Most schools (Purdue included) have a VBMA club, which teaches you business-related skills.
 
Mississippi state has a class during your first year called Professional Developement that teaches you business-y things.

With that said, definitely choose schools you're applying/accepted to on more than just course offerings. They're all pretty much similar.