End of the quarter/semester motivational drought...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roseglass6370

Are we there yet?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you all keep yourselves motivated to keep working hard when the "school year" is almost over? Summer is calling and that wave of apathy is (once again) hitting hard.

Members don't see this ad.

I read someplace that discipline is weighing what you want ultimately vs. what you want *now*. I try to remember that when I'm filling out applications, I want to write 4.0, not 3.5, and the difference between the two may very well be whether I get out of bed and go to class today. Everything adds up, and everything matters. My future excellence is a product of what I do this minute and the next minute and the next minute.

It doesn't always work - I like naps as much as the next person - but it helps motivate me most of the time.

I feel your pain. I made the mistake of scheduling my MCAT 3 weeks before the end of the semester, and my motivation has been zilch since taking it.

However, every morning I push myself with a little pep talk, because you know what? This is my last semester of post-bacc. I am applying to med school in a little over 1 month damn it and I'm not going to let being lazy for 3 weeks at the end ruin my chances at something I've been working on for years!

So just keep telling yourself the same thing :) You don't want to ruin your real summer crying over grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep myself motivated at end year, by knowing that i just didn't waste four months of hard work/ hard labs to be wasted on letting my A's slip to become B's.

I keep myself motivated at end year, by knowing that i just didn't waste four months of hard work/ hard labs to be wasted on letting my A's slip to become B's.

:thumbup:same here

How do you all keep yourselves motivated to keep working hard when the "school year" is almost over? Summer is calling and that wave of apathy is (once again) hitting hard.

Fear. I also think it would be a shame to fall down at the finish line.