Endo/Implant heavy AEGD's and GPR's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gruffud

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize that there are other threads with the same question, but I wanted to start a thread that was more current. I am looking for a GPR/AEGD that has a lot of Endo and Implants. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

MCG Augusta has a very nice mix of Endo and Implant. As does St. Pete.

Salt Lake VA hospital. Plenty of implants and good amount of endo as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Is the hiring freeze and all of this stuff going on with the federal government gonna be an issue for GPR residency slots for next year ?

Those aren't an issue at least that I'm aware of. They need cheap labor. The hiring freeze is more for the full-time attending positions.

Einstein medical center has a lot of both. The mentors are very good so you're learning from some of the best. We used CBCT for case workups. You learn how to do things the right way.

I apologize. I'm not saying they are advocating all GPs install a CBCT in their future practice. The CBCT is a great educational tool WHILE you are there. You learn a lot by working up cases using the CBCT, even if you are not routinely using that in the future.

Do you know of other VA programs that offer a lot of endo, implants, and prosth as well.

Do you know of other VA programs that offer a lot of endo, implants, and prosth as well.
When I interviewed in 2014 the programs that were similar to the VA in Salt Lake City were Denver VA, Long Beach VA. Now I only applied out west but I know all three were great programs when I interviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
When I interviewed in 2014 the programs that were similar to the VA in Salt Lake City were Denver VA, Long Beach VA. Now I only applied out west but I know all three were great programs when I interviewed.
Those sound like some prime locations to live. Did you get into more than one and had the options to chose. If so, why did you chose Salt Lake City. How competitive are these programs?

Those sound like some prime locations to live. Did you get into more than one and had the options to chose. If so, why did you chose Salt Lake City. How competitive are these programs?
All three programs participate in the MATCH, I ranked SLC #1. Not sure where I was ranked by the other programs. I believe the programs are competitive for one year GPR/AEGD that is. I was ranked 12/120 with a 3.8 GPA. But I had co-residents who were higher and lower than where I was ranked.